025, the sanctuary

chapter twenty five

chapter twenty five

CARL, CARMEN AND JESUS were getting closer to the sanctuary minute by minute, the three appearing from behind the boxes they were hiding behind and looking around the truck.

Jesus had taken syrup, and poured it out into the road behind them. Carl and Carmen looked at him with a confused expression.

"Making a trail. I think we're close." Jesus nodded, "We should bail out, follow the rest of the way, see what we can see."

"We, uh...How?"

"It isn't usually the fall that gets us. It's trying to fight it. Run with it or roll with it. The trucks going slow enough. We'll be in the blind spot. We can face behind one of the other cars."

"If...If I screw up, if we screw up and we get caught..." Carl stammered.

"It'll be fine. We just got to go now." Jesus reassured the two, anxiously waiting at the back of the truck.

"Okay. Show us first." Carmen agreed, Carl nodding to show he also agreed.

Jesus jumped out the back of the truck, rolling across the grass, then finally noticing that either of the two had followed his lead.

Carl waved goodbye to him, and Carmen saluted to him. Both being absolute idiots.

"God, they're like a married couple." Jesus sighed while shaking his head.

Carl recognised that the truck was approaching Negan's sanctuary, so the two grabbed the biggest weapons they could find from the box in the back, making sure it was loaded, and being ready to shoot at whoever got in their way.

Brakes squeaked, showing they were stopping.

"All or nothing, right?" Carmen turned to Carl. "All or nothing." Carl turned to Carmen. Killing Negan was hopefully gonna be a piece of cake.

Negan's familiar voice from outside the truck made the two teenagers crouch down, they didn't expect for him to get front row seats to their show.

Carl and Carmen then hid behind boxes, pointing the canon of the gun directly to where the voices were coming from, they couldn't see anything, but you could definitely hear it.

A man, probably one of the saviours, walked into the truck, beginning to unload it. He grabbed a box, and bottles of liquor all fell out and smashed onto the floor, clearly was Jesus was doing earlier that day.

Carmen couldn't help but chuckle a little as the alcohol spilled all over the man shoes.

The man turned and noticed Carmen, "What the hell?"

Those were his last words before both Carmen and Carl began to shoot at the man, knocking him down.

The couple ran out with the guns that looked way to big for their arms, mainly Carmen's. "Stay back! Drop your weapons." Carl ordered, pointing the gun at all the saviours outside the truck.