033, world on fire

chapter thirty three

"OUR PEOPLE are gonna be at the sanctuary soon, asking for their surrender." Tara explained.

"We're almost there." Rosita breathed out, rubbing Carmen's back. She hadn't seen Carl yet, when she arrived home he wasn't there, when her and a few others set off, it was too late to say goodbye.

"That's why we do it." Daryl said. Everyone looked towards him. "We make it happen."

Michonne placed her hands on her hips, "So we cover you with crossfire from the upper windows, you crash the truck into the walkers and through to the building."

"Yep, crack it open, Saviours buffet." Tara joked, it made Carmen give a small smirk.

"You know the workers will make it away, up the stairs?" Rosita asked, looking at everyone as she waited for an answer.

"They're on the other side of the building. Surely, they should make it." Carmen looked around, Daryl nodded at her sentence, giving his approval.

"You sure?" Rosita turned from her sister to Daryl.

"After we do this, their only choice is to give up." Daryl shrugged.

"It's risky." Michonne said, "They could see the truck coming."

Then Tara spoke, "There weren't any more weapons at the Saviours' warehouse, right? No more rockets for the RPGs. We worth wity what we got."

"You got me." Morgan interrupted, "Other snipers, too. Saviours see you coming, we got you covered, whatever it takes. I want it done. I want them done."

"Good." Daryl nodded.

Carmen looked around at everyone, silence filling the air, "So, we doing this or what?"

"Why don't we just wait it out, like we planned?" Rosita scoffed, "Michonne's right. What you're talking about is risky. Things could go bad."

"The truck with those speakers almost took those walkers away. It almost did go bad. Something else could." Tara huffed.

"Even if it don't, we don't got the Kingdom fighters no more. I mean, if the Saviours wanna put up a fight, we don't got the numbers to make them surrender." Daryl sighed.

"That's why Rick's talking to the Scavengers." Rosita nodded.

"You got shot. They lied to us. Y-You believe 'em now?" Tara asked.

"I believe in Rick Grimes." Rosita stated.

"I could've done something...sooner, to end this." Tara walked forward, "I knew about those weapons at Oceanside, and waited. I didn't do shit about it. With or without you, i'm not letting that happen again."

"Then it's without me." Rosita responded, "I'm out."

Carmen sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.