044, violin murderer

chapter forty four

chapter forty four

NEXT MORNING ARRIVED, and Michonne, Carmen and Siddiq had planned to take Magna, Connie, Yumiko, Kelly and Luke to Hilltop.

Only thing is, Carmen and Siddiq knew something about Hilltop that Michonne didn't. Maggie wasn't there.

They set off, Michonne on a horse beside Siddiq, also on a horse. While DJ drove the small cart with Carmen sat beside him in the passenger seat. Behind them was the group, all sat in a small huddle.

"How much further have the patrols cleared?" Michonne asked DJ. He turned his head to see her, then turning it back to the road. "'Til the Route D river bend. The rig's about five miles past that. If their story checks out."

Carmen turned around to look at the group, noticing Yumiko as she shot looks of daggers into the back of DJ's head.

"What do i always say about having options, huh?" Carmen heard Magna say, making her ears prick up as she listened in to their conversation.

"Us not being defenceless out in open because you gave them a reason not to trust us. I choose that option. Except—oh, wait." Luke pointed towards Magna.

"Guys, chill. We can roll with this a little while longer." Kelly interrupted. Carmen turned around looking at Kelly. Kelly nodded and gave a small, but quite suspicious smile.

She then signed something out, "Cool?"

"No, no. It's not cool. I want my damn knives." Magna disagreed, sitting up in the cart.

Carmen turned her head to the right, not turning around fully, but enough so Magna could watch her as she spoke, "And you'll get them back, so stop goddamn whining. My ears are starting to bleed."

Magna scoffed, shutting up for the rest of the journey while Michonne spoke to Yumiko.

"This place Hilltop, is it safe?" Yumiko asked, squinting her eyes to look at Michonne properly, the sun practically blinding her.

"It is." Michonne nodded, a small sigh coming out. Carmen smiled to herself, she missed everyone there, even the people she hated.

"What's it like?" Yumiko inquired. Immediately, Carmen fired back with a response, "The best place you'll ever go. I mean, god, i'd kill to live there."

"So why don't you?" Yumiko looked at Carmen. Carmen sighed, "I've got a family in Alexandria, boyfriend, sister, a little boy i need to take care of too, friends."