017, for carl

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen

THE WALKERS were inside. Not everyone was going to live today, so now, it was up to the people who could fight, to fight.

"Everyone, get back! Get in your houses and go!" Rick ordered.

"Rick, we don't have enough bullets to kill them all. We can't stay out here. Everyone needs to get back, including you!" Carmen warned the man.

"Maggie!" Carmen yelled, running towards the woman now climbing up the ladder. She made it up, unable to get back down.

"Cami! I'm okay, go!" Maggie yelled at the girl. Carmen nodded and ran off to whatever person she could try and save next.

"I need to find Rosita." Carmen whispered to her self, pacing around the streets. She soon found Rick and the rest of the group again.

Deanna was injured.

They all ran inside Jessie's house, who helped them. Alexandria was falling apart.
People weren't gonna live.
Lots of people were gonna die today.
This was it.
This meant war.

IN JESSIE'S house, Tiptoe through the tulips was playing, Carmen used to love that song when she was younger, so hearing it coming from someone's room upstairs made her happy.

She rushed with the rest of the group into a room, placing the injured Deanna down.

"Sam, i need you to turn off the music and shut the blinds!" Jessie yelled to her son. "Because of the monsters?" Sam asked.

"You'll be okay, kid. Trust me." Carmen smiled towards Sam, he was only a kid, so it's understandable to be scared in an apocalypse.

Carl held Judith in his arms, as she cried at the loud noises being created. Michonne had put pressure down on Deanna's wound, along with Jessie kneeling by her side.

Sam was stood still in his room, the music still playing, he stood frozen, like he couldn't move.

"Is she okay, Michonne?" Carmen asked, walking into the room where Deanna, Michonne and Rick were.

Unfortunately, to Deanna, Carmen noticed the bite mark that laid so cruelly on her waist. "Shit." Carmen whispered.

Deanna's eyes were empty. She knew she was about to die. "Well...shit."

You can amputate legs and arms, but amputating a waist, seemed impossible.

Carmen had left the room, leaving Deanna to peace, she made her way to try and find Carl. Maybe work their argument over.

He was literally nowhere to be found. Carmen had heard Ron's voice from outside the garage door, she didn't wanna open it, so she just listened in.

"Enid's dead." Ron explained. Carmen's heart dropped. "We're all dead."