Part five

It was the next day before Deon and Ratok got down to the Laboratory. There was quite a few more Guards that day. They stepped aside when the two came in. Ratok raIsed a brow and looked around. Until he found a guard he was more familiar with.

"Crowley, what is going on here?" he pointed to a younger looking Guard, who was probably around Deon's age.

The young coiled haired gaurd trembled, "Sorry, Capt, under orders not to tell you while you are on medical leave."

Deon looked up, "medical leave?"

Ratok just put his hand up in front of Deon, he wasn't about to answer that. "Fine," he said to Crowley and then weaved through the guards on his way towards the staircase down to the holding cells.

"What aren't you telling me?" Deon said quickly stepping behind Ratok, while they descended the stairwell.

Ratok pinched his lips into a tight line.

Deon jaw cocked as he stared in astonishment at Ratok'silence. "You can't be the one taking care of me and everything else and not taking care of yourself. What the hell Ratok?" Deon pushed at his arm lightly to grab his attention.

Ratok whipped around so quickly that Deon thought he was about to get decked. He flinched away, but uncoiled when the strike never came. Ratok was as stoned and sterned face as ever.

"Rat, just talk to me."

"It's none of your business." he said and then continued down the stairs.

They were silent until they hit the floor of the basement.

"Two visits in a week. Aren't we special," Tyklyn spoke. Deon was taken aback, he had been so quiet and head down that the spite was unexpected.

Ratok snarled.

Which caused Tyklyn to recoil. Shoving what ever attitude he had back down. Deon watched. Just shaking his head.

"Gonna hold your tongue long enough for us to ask you some questions?" Deon asked, leaning against the bars like he had a few days prior.

Tyklyn grumbled, "What questions?"

"About your race."

He shrugged, "Honestly I don't know much."

"But you can answer how you feel towards things right?" Deon inquired.

"I suppose."

"Do you prefer to be closer to your family? Or away from them?"

"Closer. That's how my race is."

"Even after your an adult, and have a female?"

Tyklyn nodded, "We prefer our blood relatives over outsiders even if we were the same species."

"Do you know if there is a way to prove that?"

Tyklyn shrugged, "I'm sure Vassenhilo would have notes left by Geildeto."

Deon looked back at Ratok, who nodded his head. Then leaned in. "I told you. I don't know if there is anything else we could use."

Deon nodded then whispered back. "What could we ask that would get us something more substantial with out giving away our plan?"

"Could tell them and get am answer that way."

Deon shook his head. "No. I don't want to bring their hope up."

"Just tell them."

Deon and Ratok locked into a staring contest for a good minute.

"You two act like how my Father and Orkan did." Tyklyn pipped up.

They broke their stare to both give Tyklyn the same look.

"What does that mean?" Ratok asked.

"That you act like them. Though I didn't hear the conversation I'm sure I could give you a run down of what just happened."

Deon smirked, "Be my guest."

"You two were whispering obviously, Ratok said something you didn't like or agree with, you told him no, and then you stood there silently arguing through stares, and Deon you were about to give in."

Deon scrunched up his nose. "Fucker was right."

Tyklyn snickered, "You two might not be my species, but if you were my mothers bride and Maeger, there is something that will be certain."

"Like?" Ratok questioned

"Deon will always be the more submissive one,"

"I don't like you," Deon rolled his eyes and went to walk away.

Ratok chuckled and followed Deon up the stairs.

"It's not that funny," Deon sneered.

"No, it's even funnier,"