Chapter twenty-seven

"I hate to say this Ru, but your kids a dog." Deon said, as he walked with his arm looped through Ruma's.

Ruma grunted and glared at him, as Kaylo came zooming past them, turning and zooming back. Ruma watched her son for a moment then made a 'well you kinda of have a point face'

"Safe to say he is closer to being that other race than yours now isn't."

Ruma rolled her eyes, "Quit being a brat."

"I thought you wanted Bratty Deon?"

Ruma waited until Kaylo dashed around a building, then turned grabbing Deon's shirt and pulling him to her. The quick snap almost made Deon loose colour, but he did hold his breath. She didn't sign anything, or do anything, just held him an inch from her face.

Ruma released him and took a hop away, with an almost victorious grin on her face as she looked back over her shoulder, seeing Deon still standing in place with a deer in the headlight look.

"And you call me Rude, where did that come from?"

She continued to trot away.

"Hey come back here." Ruma went down on all fours and ran around the same corner as Kaylo, than then two circled back past Deon, making him have to run to catch up.

Vassenhilo watched from his screen room as the three played in the yards of the compound. His eyes flashed red, then black, back to red and then stayed on their normally colours.

He turned around and typed into the computer behind him. Bringing up the logs. In here was that they would have to board for the Gala in less than a month. If they were to make it there on time, as it was easily a two month trip to the Dark Trades conference ship.

He was running over the numbers.

"What are we doing here my friend?" Bvlepio spoke.

"I am looking over something. I want to start the transition for another Rindosa, I believe I can speed up the process if I start tonight and make the second male the same as the other two." Vassenhilo said more digitally than he normally did.

Bvelpio nodded, "Will that effect the Gala?"

"No, part of the time I will be doing it on the way to the Gala. As according to this last med bot reading, the first male is now full Rindosa. It is just going to take a full natural cycle for everything in his body to catch up, but that will be fine."

"Than no need for, the special procedure that was made for prolonging subjects?" Bvelpio asked.

"Perhaps I may still need it, but for now no."

The green alien nodded, "Will there be any ill effects on the male, if we have Carma continue with her plan?"

Vassenhilo shook his head, "Except more clingy to his female, no there shouldn't be any ill effects."

Bvelpio nodded, "I just thought that your time with Geildeto you may have remembered if things would go bad or not."

"I do remember, and I assure you, that only minimally will happen, he may feel the need for her to what did they call that..." Vassenhilo stopped to think, "Reinforce- no. Reassure? I'll use that for now. Reassure their relationship. As some females would abandon Brudes that were touched, if they believed it to be due to unfaithfulness."

"You are losing your edge Vassenhilo, you never forget things.?"

Vassenhilo paused what he was doing for a moment to think, then he just as quickly went back to his work. "Carma needs to strike soon. I want Ruma to be finished healing before we leave, and she needs to be able to care for her male, while we travel as I will be speeding up the process on the second one."

Bvelpio nodded. "I'll have her strike tonight than?"

Vassenhilo nodded, "That works best, as my guard Captian is going to be rather busy." he said turning back to the screen to watch Deon pick up a winded tired Ruma and walk her back into the tower.