Part Nine

Deon rolled in the bed, he bumped into something small. He groaned and sleepily openned his eyes.

The mass of red and white from Ruma's hair flooded his vision. He took in a deep breath and let out a long needed sigh of relief.

Ruma was laying face first into Ratok's chest. As the bears large arms came wrapping around her. Deon scotched closer and wrapped his arms in around her stomach. Burying his face into her hair.

Ruma cooed and rolled over. Pulling herself closer to Deon.

"Morning." His whispered.

Ruma slowly lifted her head, the golden light of the sun rise casted over her. He could now see how she looked.

Her eyes were sunk back a bit, with deep dark circles under them. Her skin was still sickly looking, her pudginess she use to have was gone to nothing but bone. Even her hair looked dull and not as healthy and bouncy as it use to be.

Ruma moved her hand up.

"Good morning"

Deon pulled her in for a soft kiss. As she was near he could smell a thick coat of medical cleaner and medicine on her.

"Your not allowed to do this again." He said hiding his face in her neck. Ruma, unable to say anything back just wrapped her arms around his neck and gave a soft purr sound. Deon held on tight, they laid there letting the hours of the morning roll by.

It wasn't until Ruma patted against Deon's chest he rolled back to look at her, "I need to get a med bot and a shower" Deon nodded his head. Then rolled out of bed. He stood and held out his arms for her.

Ruma grabbed him and let him pick her up, she wrapped around him like she normally would on Ratok. Luckily for Deon she weighed nearly the same as a paperweight. He took her into the bathroom, and she pointed to a device on the wall he had never messed with.

He walked her closer and she typed in a code and out from one of the walls in the bedroom, a medical robot appeared and it moved in towards her. Ruma got down off of Deon. The robot pulled the portable IV from her and check the vitals on her reader. It replaced the fluids and went back into the wall.

"Are you still able to shower with that on?" Deon tilted his head looking at the device on her arm.

Ruma nodded, "It is completely sealed and it won't cause injury even if I lay on it."

Deon nodded, he went to stand to leave her to have privacy until she whined at him. He turned back, "Do you want me to stay?"

Ruma nodded, "Can you help me?'

"Okay," he moved back. Helping her get the bath ready and in it.

"Ratok is still asleep?"

"He is, I think this is the first night in the year he has slept unmedicated."

Ruma frowned, he didn't like hearing that. "What do you mean?" she asked leaning forward for Deon could wash her back.

Deon rubbed circles into her back, "He has struggled to sleep at all."

She sighed.

"Alot has happened this past year," he said.

"So I have noticed"

Ruma stayed silent through the rest of the bath. When she was done she was far to tired to do anything for herself, so she had Deon dress her and carry her back out into the main room.

By this time Ratok was slowly starting to wake up. He head ordered them food, and was stumbling around to get to the table. "What time is it?"

"I don't know, some time in the afternoon." Deon said, setting Ruma down in a chair. Ratok moved up next to her.

"I hope your going to be fine not having a moment to yourself for a while." he said kissing her forehead. Ratok stood there standing over her. Just keeping her close to him for a minute. "Your boys are going to be happy to see you?"

"You already are?" Ruma said confused.

"Rat, she doesn't know" Deon said.

Ratok stared then 'ohed' "She doesn't know does she?"

"What don't I know?" Ruma looked between the two of them.

"She is still really frail, I dont think we should." Deon said looking at ratok, with the you shouldn't have said anything look.

"I am quite literally right here." Ruma was getting up set, her blood pressure started to rise to the point that the med bot came out. Ratok and Deon moved back, letting the medical device do what it needed.

Deon pulled Ratok over to the side, "I don't think we should tell her yet, she hasn't been up long enough. That might be too much for her."

Ratok grabbed his shoulder, "I know you are worried about her, but she's a mom, she'll be so ecstatic seeing her babies."

Deon grimanced. "I don't know Ratok."

"Deon, it's not on us to keep that from her. They are hers, we can ask her to wait to see them but we can't keep the information from her."

Deon looked over to Ruma and then back at Ratok. "Fine, after we eat though? We both know she will get too excited or upset to be able to eat."

Ratok nodded, "Okay, lets get back to her then."