Chapter 26

"That really isn't any surpise to me." Tyklyn said, crossing his arms as he leaned back against the wall. His eyes bouncing between Ruma and Deon. "I figured he would rope me into his sick schemes eventually."

Tyklyn leaned his head back, he wasn't quite sure about how he felt about it. His whole life he has technically been used by someone in more power to aid them in whatever they wanted. He was born under the control of Geildeto, pulled into working for the ___, and now he was helplessly under the demand of Vassenhilo.

Tyklyn climbed up to the top of the hammock and crashed for a while. Avoiding everyone for a while.

Kaylo watched from where he was sprawled out on the floor listening to the conversation. This wasn't his first rodeo, and this didn't bother him, for nothing more than this is what he was raised with.

"Kaylo, follow me," Ruma waved her hand to get him to follow, as she walked through the Compound. There was several more buildings being built and going up. Loud sounds of construction was going on around and distracting Kaylo from where they were headed.

He felt himself getting picked up he yelped until he saw it was his mother picking him up. She put him on her back and he clunge on as she finished walking up to the big brick building that had large metal stairs with robots and others running up and down it.

The last time he was here was a bit over a month ago when his other siblings went away.

They got to he steps and Ruma set Kaylo down, "Look," he glanced up at her, "Do your best to stay with me and listen please?"

Kaylo nodded, "Okay, Momma," he said sticking close to her side as they walked in. He looked around seeing a completely white inside for the walls, with alot of big unknown machines that were being strung up, and attached inside panneling in the walls.

He looked around as he moved, keeping an eye on where his mom went so he could follow. Soon after weaving through the workers and going around a couple of corners, they went into a room that was closed. This room unlike the rest of the place was finished up, in a makshift study and examine room, one being on the left, the other on the right.

"Ahh, Ruma, there you are. How is the Western side of the Compound coming along."

Kaylo was interested in the voice he heard, he looked around to see who it was. He jumped back behind his mom, as he saw the big, tall, grey/blue guy. Kaylo didn't like him, as he took his siblings, he also tried to take him.

Kaylo wrapped his arms around Ruma. He laid his chin on her side looking up at her as she was talking to the scary guy. She would look down occasionally and give him a soft smile to reassure him.

He thought that day, up until he was ripped away from her, that she would always protect him from the scary guy, and she did, until she wasn't around anymore to do so.

Kaylo noticed a hand waving in front of his face, he looked over to see Ruma. He perked up a bit, waiting to see why she was trying to grab his attention.

As Ruma went to ask him something Deon spoke first, he watched Ruma turn and Growl. "Rude"

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

She humphed and Kaylo chucked. Deon then asked if he could continue, Ruma rolled her eyes but agreed.

"My question was to you Ru, what is Kaylo half of anyways?"

Ruma spaced for a moment, as she thought it over. She held up her hand and went to her dresser next to the bed.

"Can't remember."

She just scrunched her face at Deon and continued digging through it. She pulled up her journal, and flipped through it. Kaylo and Deon watched her flip to the last filled page, and her body stopped as she blinked at it for a few moments, as Deon went to intervene, she quickly changed it.

"Some kind of dog related or similar species" Ruma spun the book around to point at it. Kaylo looked at it, he remembered some of the symbols, but since it had been years since he last read anything, he mostly forgot.

Deon looked at Ruma and the to Kaylo and back again, doing that motion a few times. "Honestly that tracks." he reached over and ruffled Kaylo's hair. Then moving back to Ruma closing the book in her hands.

Kaylo watched her whimper, "No," Deon spoke, "We are putting it away before you get to worked up on it." he put it back and shut the drawer bringing her attention back towards he room.

"It's still day out, why don't we go take Kaylo for a walk, and Tyklyn?"

"Not interested." Tyklyn grumbled

"So just Kaylo"

Ruma perked up, and so did Kaylo.

Deon chuckled at the two, "Walkies it is." While Kaylo was still excited, Ruma squinted at him, for the joke. Deon chuckled hard, "What? No walkies Ruma?"

She tossed a dirty shirt at him and walked away towards the door. With Deon still cackling behind her.