Chapter 40

The first few days of this trip went by uneventfully after the first one. The family found themselves settling into a very uneventful routine that just happened. They would stagger out of their rooms, eat whenever they were awake, than scatter out to their morning activities. Ruma was held up in the makeshift office room diligently working most of the days away doing work that Vassenhilo assigned for her to do. While the boys took advantage of the game systems that were in the main lobby, or the work out room.

Two things became habit for them during the trip. One was Ratok would go and work out, and then be out for a nap for the rest of the day, and two was the sounds of Tyklyn and Deon screaming at each other or in unison at Kaylo with 'You've never play this before how did you beat me' followed by lines of 'this is bullshit', 'fuck you' and some other very colourful insults that made absolutely nonsense.

The first three dozen times she heard the commotion she'd dip out of the office and look at them, but they would be just huddled in some weird way and playing something. So she'd dip back in and finish.

At night was when they would join back up as a group and eat, than sleep as the doors to the bedrooms were shut and locked at the same time every night than reopened at the same time in the morning. That was the only way they could keep time.

As Ruma started to lose count of the days the big door opened, it hadn't been openned since they had been placed into the room.

"Ruma." Vassenhilo called. Ruma moved out from the office area, she stretched and cracked all of her spine. "There you are, you've done well keeping up with the work that was need for the compound." Vassenhilo patted her head.

"Is something up?" she inquired he hadn't visited since the journy began.

"I came to check up on the lot of you, especially Deon and Ratok."

"All of us?" Ruma questioned, as her focus went just over her shoulder where Tyklyn and Kaylo were standing as they had come out of the workout room to see who had came in.

"Yes Ruma all five of you. I also have to check you, I know your heat is soon, just need to see when, since your cycle was off do to being dead."

She winced as how callus he was saying that, it wasn't the first time, but it was the worse time.

"I am right here."

"If you wish to go first, I have a small lab set up just down the hall."

"You're not doing it here?"

"Of course not, I said in my tempt lab."

Ruma nodded she followed him out first. Their was no conversation between them, and she went through nothing new.

"Go get- which ever is the problem son that caused my compound to be attacked."

"Tyklyn." she corrected.

He waved his tendrils, "yes, yes him. Bring him here."

Ruma walked back to the room, the main door was left unlocked with two gaurds stationed outside of it. She suspected this would be changed soon. Ruma walked intook a look around quickly, than entered the boys' bedroom.

"Tyklyn" she waved her hand in his face.

He looked up, "Let me guess. Vassenhilo wants me?"

Ruma nodded.

"Are you just going to leave me to him? Last time me and him met face to face, it didn't go well on my end."

Ruma shook her head, "I am going to stay in the room for all four of you, especially for Kaylo he is terrified of Vassenhilo."

"For good reason too."

Ruma turned her head to Kaylo who shrunk into himself. "What did he do?"

Kaylo shook his head.

"I'll tell you later" Tyklyn said, and Kaylo nodded to that. Ruma's face must have said what she was feeling, as Tyklyn tapped her. "Hey, you can't bit and invisible head, if you want someone to attack, he is where ever we are heading."

Ruma shook herself out of it.

She sat through all four physicals watching Vassenhilo closely, she didn't trust him farther than she could throw him. Vassenhilo figured that part out as when he started an injection on Ratok, she nearly came over the table at him.

"This is for his pain levels. If you want him to suffer I'll let it be, he isn't you I don't have the same care."

Ruma backed up, and allowed it to happen, as she got the its okay from Ratok. It didn't take long until his features softened as it was clear the pain subsided.

"Believe me now?"

Ruma nodded her head, and since that was the last of them the family was locked back into the cell block.