➮SEVEN

Luca my new friend

Laura's pov

Last night's dinner was pretty awkward Luca tried to stir up a conversation but got no response from neither Marco and I. I felt bad for not talking back to him but I didn't feel like talking nor did I have an appetite.

I was awoken by Marco's phone at five in the morning on a Saturday. I mean who the fuck wakes up at five in the morning on a Saturday.

Marco picked up his phone and placed it on his ear"What!.. I told you I was going to be there by seven...ok I'll be right there."

He then dialed another number on his phone and placed it right back on his ear again "Francesco I need you to be here by six " then he dropped the call and placed his phone right back on the night stand.

Fifteen minutes later he got out of bed , took a shower,got dressed and headed out.

What was so urgent that he had to leave so early in the morning. But it's non of my business so I went right back to sleep.

A knock at the door had awoken me once again and Luca walked in holding a tray of french toast a bowl of fruit salad and a glass of orange juice.

"You can't be sleeping in on a Saturday Laura get up."Luca said as he placed the tray of food on my night stand and went over to open up the curtains.

The sunlight flooded into the room and I immediately covered myself with the sheets. Luca walked over to my bed and dragged the sheets off of me .

"Luca I'm tired and I want to go back to sleep."I said angrily

"Come on sunshine it's a beautiful Saturday you have to get up."

I shrugged and turned over to the other side of the bed.

"If you keep doing this I may not take you out of this miserable bedroom of yours."

I slowly turned over to face him" so your saying you could take me out of here?"

"Well out of this room not the mansion though you'll stay inside the walls of the mansion."

It was a good deal indeed and it would be nice to get out of this room for once.

"But I can only take you out if you eat your breakfast." He said as he handed me the tray of food.

I sat upright taking the tray of food and placing it on my lap. I was really hungry,I hadn't eaten in a day and the first bit of french toast felt like heaven.

Luca looked at me and let out a giggle.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing it's just that you look cute when you eat the first bite of food when you haven't eating in a day."

"I don't see nothing wrong with that."

"Just finish your food and get dressed I'll meet you downstairs."

Luca left the room and I finished the last bit of food on my plate and headed to the bathroom to shower.

I wore a short long sleeve black dress and a pair of slippers. I kept it comfortable and simple.

I headed downstairs and found Luca leaning against the kitchen island talking to Mrs Elena.

"Let's go to the garden." I said

Luca excused himself from Mrs Elena and followed me to the indoor garden .

There was seating in the middle of the garden so I took a seat .

"Why the garden of all places?" Luca asked.

"Because I find it calming to me , it's a place I go to when I need time to myself. Back home my father gave me a hard time so I would go into the garden to calm myself down."

I don't know what it was but I found myself opening up to Luca .

"Do you have a good relationship with your father?"

"No ever since my mother died my relationship with my father had grown distant."

"Sorry for you loss."

"It's ok i've already mourned her death."

I quickly changed the subject when I had realized that I was blurting my life out to a man I nearly knew."Can you tell me more about Marco, he's my husband and I kinda need to know stuff about him."

"Ok then , Marco is an only son his parents died when he was only ten years old so he moved in with my family."

I remembered on my wedding day Marco handed me a diamond necklace witch he said it belonged to a generation of brides in his family when I asked why his mother never gave it to me herself he kinda looked sad and pissed at the same time.

I never thought his parents would be dead but I didn't feel sorry for him . He was a cruel psychopath who didn't deserve my sympathy.

"He suffered a lot of trauma since his dad was really abusive he never liked his dad so never mention his parents in front of him."

"Well that explains why he is so heartless." I never thought such a manly man would have such a fragile childhood.

"Marco is dangerous and he could hurt you without any hesitation. He may be easy on you now but watch out he is feared for a reason."

I knew Marco was feared and all but the fact that he is capable of killing me makes me want to leave this place even more.

I'm going to leave.

I'm going to escape this hell hole no matter what it takes.

Our conversation was interrupted by a loud voice coming from the kitchen.

"We're are they!" It was Marco

I turned to face Luca"you didn't tell him you were going to let me out of the bedroom!" I shouted in panic.

"No"he said calmly"Do you think he was going to allow me to take you out."

One of the maids had already told Marco we were in the green house and I started to panic .

Marco was heading to to garden and I started to shake Luca remained calm as Marco entered the green house .I was standing behind Luca for protection.

"Did I give you permission to take her out" Marco shouted.

My breaths increased in panic and my palms became sweatier.

"You can't keep her locked up forever Marco!" Luca defended.

"I can she's my wife not yours."

"Marco she's panicking she's scared of you , she's afraid of you!."

"She should be !"

Suddenly I dropped to the ground and my vision turned black.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───
I love Luca