Chapter Nine | Dream Come True

Sehun's POV

"I imprinted today," I whispered to Baekhyun hyung and Kai, trying not to come off as too excited even though I was about ready to burst. I never thought I would imprint until later in life, but I guess Joonmyun was right when he said that Fate hits us when we least expect it. 

"You did?" Kai asked with raised eyebrows, although the tone in his voice suggested that he didn't really care. Typical Kai.

"Uh huh," I said, nodding my head in excitement as backed away from them and stood up straight. "It was great! I've never felt anything like it before."

"Great," Baekhyun hyung said sarcastically. "I am officially the only one in the pack that hasn't imprinted. This is just great."

"Oh come on, hyung," I said, patting his shoulder sympathetically. "It'll happen for you too one day."

"Yeah, the day before I'm supposed to die," he said, making Kai and I chuckle. "I mean, why did it have to be you two first? Kai, you aren't even happy about it. I would be, so why couldn't imprint?"

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm not happy about it..." Kai said.

"What, you changed your mind all of a sudden?" Baekhyun asked.

"I haven't completely, but I'm getting there," he said. "I'm trying not to be so negative."

"Well, it's good that you're trying at least," I said. "That way if you do die, you will die trying." He glared at me and I just smiled smugly.

"Speak of the devil," he said, tilting his head so that he could see down the hall. Baekhyun hyung and I looked in that direction and saw D.O hyung walking down the tiled hall, another person not far behind him. As they got closer, I began to freak since I recognized the person following him. That was the person I imprinted on.

"Guys, what do I do?" I asked, turning around and starting to go into panic mode. "That's him! That's the boy I imprinted on earlier!"

"Who?" Kai hyung asked, a look of jealousy on his face.

"Not D.O hyung," I said, rolling my eyes and nudging him a little. "That's not even possible."

"Oh okay," he said, straightening himself out and trying to act like he didn't just almost get jealous.

"Quick, what should I say? Should I even talk to him?" I said, waving my trembling hands in different directions.

"Well, duh, you should say hi and introduce yourself," Baekhyun hyung advised. "You know, take the first step." I nodded my head frantically as they finally came up beside us.

"You! I thought I told you to meet me outside," D.O hyung said, his words directed at Kai.

"I didn't get there yet," Kai replied nonchalantly.

"Well, then you better start moving," D.O hyung said in a demanding tone, which took Baekhyun hyung and I by surprise. He seemed so shy and cute before. What happened? "Luhan, I swear to god I will pull your tongue out and strangle you with it if you don't shut up."

"But Soo, it happened," the boy named Luhan whined. So that was his name. Luhan.

"I don't give two shits," D.O hyung said, earning a cute pout from Luhan. 

He just happened to look in my direction and that marked the second time our eyes had met. My lips naturally curved up into a smile and his did the same. I saw just how bright and beautiful his smile was and thought that if I couldn't come to love all of him, at least I would love his smile.

"We need to leave now," D.O hyung said to Kai, who scrunched up his face in response and started to walk away. "Lu, don't contact me unless you have something else to talk about. Let's go." With that, Kai hyung waved briefly at us and followed D.O hyung out the door.

"Tell Joonmyun I'll be home later!" Kai shouted before he got around the corner. Baekhyun nodded and waved him off.

"Yah, let's go!" We could all hear D.O hyung yell from farther away. Kai finally went out of sight and I laughed.

"I hope he comes back in one piece," Baekhyun hyung said, making me laugh even more. Then a slightly awkward silence fell upon us when I realized that Luhan was still standing there. Now was my shot.

"Um, hyung, I'll be home later, too, okay?" I said, nudging my head ever so faintly in Luhan's direction. Baekhyun hyung's mouth took the shape of an "o" as he nodded slowly.

"Okay, I'll see you later," he said before turning around and walking out the door. I turned to Luhan and took a deep breath. Showtime, I thought to myself before I opened my mouth. You got this, Sehun. You got this.

"Hi, I'm Sehun," I said.

Luhan's POV

"Hi, I'm Sehun," he said, his voice catching me off guard. It was deeper than I expected it to be. But then again, I didn't expect to be imprinted on when I woke up this morning, so I guess it was just a day of surprises. 

"I'm Luhan," I replied, trying to cover up the excitement in my voice.

"Uh...h-how are you?" he asked, clearly feeling nervous. That made two of us then.

"I'm okay," I answered slowly. "Thanks for asking. How are you?"

"Fine," he said. An unwieldy silence settled between us again and stayed until he started to speak again. "Um...this is gonna sound like super weird," he said, scratching the back of his neck, "but I..." I could tell he wanted to tell me something and I knew exactly what it was, too. I just wanted to hear him say it to make sure this was all really happening. 

"I don't know how to say this so it will be less weird and shocking, but I...I kind of have the power to turn into a wolf and part of that is this thing called imprinting, which is when we meet the person we will spend forever with and that kind of happened to me today...with you. Did that make sense? Please tell me that made sense." 

I just looked at him and laughed at how cute he was when he was flustered. Then, I walked up to him and hugged him contently, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"It made perfect sense," I said softly, my head resting on his chest. I could feel the shock in his eyes looking down at me, so I took my head off of his chest and stepped back a little, leaving my arms loosely around him.

"So, you don't think I'm weird or anything...you know, for being a werewolf?" he asked.

"No, way!" I said, letting my arms fall to my side.

"Really?" he said, his eyebrows raised in disbelief.

"Really, really," I replied. "Do you know how long I've been waiting to meet an actual, living werewolf? I've spent years researching everything on them, but D.O didn't believe me and called me crazy and delusional and annoy--" I was prevented from rambling on any further when I felt his lips touch mine abruptly, prompting me to close my eyes instantly.

"This is great," he said after breaking the kiss, a faint smile on his lips and my face still cupped in his hands. I smiled and hugged him again and he returned my hug this time, wrapping his arms around me.

"No, it's a dream come true," I said. I could somehow feel him smile and then he pressed a kiss to the side of my head. 

Take that, D.O.

A/N

I finally came up with an idea on how to transition back to KaiSoo after the next chapter and I am so happy I got my grove back!! I have been so busy thinking about this science thing that I haven't even thought about this. But it's over tomorrow, so then I will be back on track!

Thanks for reading and please like this and leave a comment! It helps a lot!