Chapter Twenty-One | A Fair Warning

Chanyeol's POV

I had trouble sleeping that night. Although I spent most of the day at the shooting range with my dad and grandpa, I was still having trouble trying to gain control of all the things I was feeling. 

I knew how stubborn Kyungsoo would be about Kai and that he would most likely defend him, but if I couldn't protect myself, I at least wanted to protect him. I had to make him see the truth and if I knew him as well as I thought I did, that would be enough to keep Kai away.

I walked into school after spending my study period and spotted him as soon as the crowd cleared out enough for me to see properly. Of course, he was with Kai, which didn't exactly help me out at all. I could feel my stomach churn in disgust when I saw them kiss a couple of times before Kai walked off down the hall. I took a deep breath and started to walk over to him just as Kai left him.

"Hey, Chanyeol," Kyungsoo said when his eyes landed on me, smiling brightly. "How have you been? I haven't talked to you in a long time it seems like."

"Yeah, I've been okay, I guess," I said, putting on a fake smile.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" he asked with slightly narrowed eyes, pointing out my bloodshot eyes. "You look terrible."

"Gee, thanks for the compliment," I said sarcastically, making him chuckle. "No, I didn't really. I couldn't sleep."

"Why not?" he asked. I sighed a little as I looked around to see if any teachers were near us. Then, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the closest empty classroom, closing the door once we were both inside. "Yeol, what's wrong? Why are we in here?" he asked in confusion.

"You need to stop seeing Kai," I said as I turned to him.

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Chanyeol, we've been over this," he said. "I'm not going to break up with him just because you don't like him. I like him a lot. Besides, it's not like you're the one who has to date him, so what's the big deal if I am?"

"Do you even know what he really is?" I said, grabbing his arm as he tried to leave the room. "He's not human, Soo."

"I know, he's a werewolf," he said nonchalantly, actually making me a bit surprised. Maybe the truth wouldn't be enough. "So what if he can turn into a wolf? I still like him. Who knows, maybe I even love him."

"Soo, are you a crazy person or something?!" I said, raising my voice slightly. "You cannot love a werewolf! I mean, for God's sake he could kill you!"

"He wouldn't do that," he said, shaking his head.

"And what makes you so sure?" I asked, moving back from him a little and raising my eyebrows. He seemed a little hesitant to answer my question at first, but then he opened his mouth.

"I know because he imprinted on me," he said, lowering his voice to a whisper.

My eyes widened. "What?!" I said, making him hit my arm, telling me to be quiet. "He imprinted on you? Do you even know what that means for you?"

"Yes, I know what it means," he said, sounding a little insulted. "It means he fell in love with me the minute he saw me."

"Yeah, and that in order for him to stay alive he has to turn you into one of them," I said.

"What's so wrong with that?" He shrugged. I let out an airy laugh and turned around, running my fingers through my hair. "If it means I get to be with him, then that's a risk I'm willing to take, Chanyeol. I love Jongin and I wish you could just be happy for me."

"I am happy for you, D.O," I said. "I really am happy that you found someone you love, but why him? He's so dangerous and I don't want to see you lose your life because you love him."