Chapter Thirty-Two | Something More

Jongin's POV

Just like that, we had added two new people to our pack. Despite my little grudge against Chanyeol, which had shrunk down considerably at this point may I add, my life seemed to be as great and as perfect as it could possibly get. Kyungsoo and I were all settled into our new home and life together. Everything was perfect. 

But even with all this new found happiness surrounding me, I still felt this empty spot in my heart. The only trouble was that I didn't know what could fill it. I mean, I had more love than anyone could ever ask for, but it was like my heart still yearned for something more for us.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and I were waiting outside for Kyungsoo to come out of school one day since the car Baekhyun usually took was due for an inspection that particular day. "You okay, Kai?" Baekhyun asked me, his voice getting me to turn my head in his direction. "You look like you were deep in thought or something."

"No, I'm fine," I said as I shook my head.

"You sure?" he replied, clearly seeing right through my previous answer.

I shifted positions and sighed before saying, "It's just...I feel like something is missing in my relationship with Kyungsoo, but I don't know what."

"Well, have you talked to him about it?" he said.

"No," I said, my eyes widening a bit as I spoke. "I mean, I wanted to, but he was in heat last week and I knew if I did it wouldn't end well for me. I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid."

"I don't get it," Baekhyun said, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, you've dated for however long, mated, and now that he is finally yours, you still feel empty. What's next? Are you going to propose to him?" Right at that moment, my face froze and my heart temporarily stopped. That was it. That was what my heart was trying to tell me. "What?" Baekhyun asked, looking around in confusion. "What's with that look?"

"Hyung, you're a genius!" I said, a wide smile spread across my face.

"Wait, what?" he said. "I was just joking, Kai. That wasn't serious. You can't propose to D.O."

"And why not?" I asked. "I mean, I know mating is like a werewolf's version of marriage, but still."

"He makes a point," Chanyeol said, agreeing with me. "It would be cute and I know it would make D.O happy. I don't see why he can't."

"This is a brilliant idea!" I said, nothing but pure excitement in my voice. "But you guys can't tell him anything, alright? Not until I plan this all out formally."

"Our lips are sealed," Chanyeol said, speaking for both him and Baekhyun.

"You're really going to do this, aren't you?" Baekhyun said, his lips curling up into a smile.

"Yeah," I said. "I know that this is right, hyung. I can feel it in my heart."

He only smiled at me, hearing the sincerity in my words. "Well, if there's going to be a wedding, I'm helping you plan it. Fate knows you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to organization." Both Chanyeol and I laughed and then I saw Kyungsoo heading for the exit doors through the clear glass.

"He's coming," I said, frantically turning to them. "Remember, not a word about anything no matter how many times he asks, got it?"

"Yes, sir," they both said simultaneously, nodding their head one time. Nodding too, I turned back around just in time to see Kyungsoo walking toward us.

"Hey, guys," he said sweetly, a smile on his face.

"Hey, Soo," Chanyeol said while Baekhyun settled with a wave.

"What, no warm greeting for me?" I said jokingly, his eyes turning into small crescents as he laughed.

"I could never forget about you," he said, leaning up to kiss me afterward. The kiss ended after I returned it, pecking his lips once more after the fact.

"Okay, lovebirds, that's enough," Baekhyun said as he got in the backseat of Kyungsoo's car. "I've got homework to do and I don't need you people wasting any more of my time." The rest of us laughed at him and Chanyeol got in the car, sitting next to him in the back.

"He's in heat, isn't he?" Kyungsoo asked me, his now fading eyes looking at me.

"Unfortunately for the world, yes he is," I said, getting another giggle from him. I pressed a quick kissed to his temple and then we got in the car before heading home.

I didn't quite know how I was going to do it yet, but I knew that asking Kyungsoo to marry me would definitely be the right decision in the end.

A/N

So a KaiSoo wedding is coming up soon and you're all invited!! XD

I hope you liked this update! Please leave a like and comment your thoughts below! Thanks for reading! <3