Chapter Seventeen | Missing You

Kyungsoo's POV

I continued to visit Jongin for the next few days after that. In fact, I even changed my entire routine for him. My morning would start off the same with getting up and ready for school, but instead of going home afterward I would go straight to Jongin's house. 

I honestly missed seeing him at school. The fact that I didn't get to see his smiling face whenever I walked in made me sad. Some of this sadness was shoved aside when I would enter his room and see him still breathing, but it made sure to come right back after I left.

The others were getting more and more used to seeing me there, although I knew for a fact that some of them weren't too pleased with that. Sometimes Lay, who I later learned was Joonmyun's mate, would even offer to let me stay for dinner, which I found to be generous considering all that I had done. 

I had grown quite fond of Lay actually. He was the only one who seemed to understand how conflicted I was feeling. He told me that before he decided to be with Joonmyun, he also had a hard time deciding what he would do. 

"How did you know what the right choice was?" I asked him.

"I didn't know, but my heart did," he said. "Even though it felt like my heart was split in two, I realized that being with Joonmyun made me so much happier than I would have been traveling alone. I felt like not only were all of my dreams coming true with him, but ones that I didn't even know I had were, too. And when a person makes you realize things about yourself that even you didn't see before, that's how you know that they are truly special."

Before he told me that, I never realized just how special Jongin was. And the more I sat there and looked at his still face, the more I came to realize this. It always took me a while to get close to people, but with him, it was instant, automatic, like it had been written somewhere in the stars all along. And the more I thought about how special he was the more I realized what an idiot I had been by wasting all this time.

"I'm sorry, Jongin," I said to his still body, my eyes burning as the sensation of tears hit me. "I'm sorry for being so stupid. I shouldn't have ran away after you told me the truth and I know that now. I said I'd like you no matter what you were and then I turn around did that. I don't know when or if you'll wake up, but I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you that day, I really didn't."

I paused my voice as if I was waiting for him to reply, my eyes still lingering over his face.

"Everybody misses you. I'm pretty sure they all hate me because they think that this is my fault. But they're not wrong to think like that. This is my fault. But I just want you to know that if you do decide to wake up anytime soon, that I will do whatever it takes to make up for what I've done. You were the first person I ever opened up to and now that I might lose you I'm beginning to think that I can't live without you. Sounds funny, right? I've barely known you for four months and I already can't live without you." I stopped talking for a moment to grab his hand again, lifting it off the sheets and holding it firmly in mine.

"I miss you," I said, finally letting a few salty tears fall from my eyes. "I miss your smile and your voice and everything about you, Jongin. Please wake up soon. If not for me then for your friends. They miss you a whole lot more than I do and need more than I do. I know I'll never deserve to have someone as great as you in my life, but it'd be really nice to see you again, even if it's just one more time."

Now that I was fully crying, I decided to stop. I raised his hand a bit more and pressed my lips against his skin ever so softly, holding them there for awhile before taking them off. Then, I gently set it back down on the bed and left the room, only turning around to look back at him once. I didn't know how much my words would mean to him or how much they would help, but I just prayed that they would be enough.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Sehun's POV

After helping Lay and Baekhyun clean up from dinner, Luhan and I got ready to go back to our house.

"I'm going to go check on Kai, Lu," I said as he put his shoes on. "I'll be right there."

"Okay," he said with a smile. "I'll wait for you." I gave him a little smile and then jogged up the stairs to Kai's room. The atmosphere in his room was the same despite him being in a coma. I still felt like he was going to throw something at me if he caught me in his room even though all he was doing was laying in bed.

"Hey, jerk," I said as I sat on the edge of his bed. "I hope you're sleeping well. I mean, you must be if you've been asleep for this long. We all miss you and want you to get better. But just in case you don't, tell your mom and dad I said hi and that I think they are really lucky to have you for a son."

Before my emotions could gain too much control over me, I stood up and started for the door. But just as I was about to leave, I heard a deep groan from behind me. I instantly spun around and looked at Kai, waiting to see if my instincts were telling me the truth. Another groan left his mouth, but this time I saw his eyebrows move a little and his lips start to part.

"No way..." I said, not believing what my eyes were seeing. "Lay! Luhan! Joonmyun! Come quick!" I said, rushing out of the room and bending over the railing. I saw them come running and look up at me.

"What's wrong, Sehun?" Joonmyun asked.

"It's Kai!" I said with excitement. "I think he's waking up!"

A/N

See! What did I tell ya? I wasn't going to let Jongin die...at least not again since, you know, I kinda killed him in "Falling For The Bad Boy"...I'm still sorry about that. So, anyway, Jongin will be up and alive next chapter, so stick around to see KaiSoo reunite!

I hope you had a good time reading this chapter and go ahead and leave a like and a comment if you did! Until tomorrow! <3