Chapter Sixty | The Truth

Daehyun's POV

We began to grow more and more nervous as we waited for Zelo's return. Three days had already passed by and so far, none of us had been able to reach him. We knew he'd be back, though. We all just figured that it was taking him a while to earn Kai's trust. But the longer he was gone, the more anxious we got about Yongguk and what he would do if he didn't come back. 

"That kid better get his ass back here soon," Youngjae said as he came back from glancing out the window. "Yongguk is going to literally murder him." He came and sat next to me on the couch as I nodded in agreement.

"I don't know why you guys are so keen on him coming back," Himchan said, propping his feet up on the ottoman. "Personally, I'm glad he's gone. That brat was starting to get on my nerves."

"Oh, please," I said, rolling my eyes. "You're just saying that because you want Yongguk all too yourself. Well, sorry to say, but it'll never happen." He just scowled at me and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why can't you guys just leave him alone?" Jongup said, making us all turn our heads in his direction. "Even when he isn't here you pick on him. Maybe this is why he hasn't come back yet."

"Look who finally found his voice," Himchan said with an unimpressed and fake smirk on his face. "What? Did you imprint on him? Is that why you're taking his side?"

"I'm not taking his side," Jongup retaliated in defense of himself. "I'm just having a little empathy and compassion for him, a concept in which you clearly know nothing about." I couldn't help but snicker at that, which earned me another glare from him in response. "All I'm saying is that maybe Kai's pack is actually treating him decently and he's enjoying that."

"Well, he should while he can," Himchan replied. "You know just as well as us that Yongguk didn't actually imprint on him, so that kid was marked by death a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, he's just speeding up the process for himself. I'm sure Yongguk's going to take care of him when he finds out that he's a traitor." 

That shut him up and we all lowered our eyes, secretly feeling a hint of pity for Zelo. Not long after, Yongguk appeared to be calm on the outside, but we could all feel the fury burning inside of him.

"Why hasn't he come back yet?" he asked, placing his hand on his hip. "It's been three days. He should be back by now."

"Maybe Kai is being extra stubborn," Youngjae suggested, shrugging his shoulders a little.

"Or maybe he's a traitor," added Himchan, scratching at his fingernails. We all just kind of looked at him and he shrugged nonchalantly at us. "Don't give me that look. Do you guys hear his thoughts anymore?" Silence came over us and we lowered our heads as Yongguk's bloodcurdling stare glided over us. "That's exactly what I thought," Himchan said, sitting up in his seat. "Face it, Yongguk, he snitched on us and then changed his mind and decided that he no longer wanted anything to do with us or the plan." Yongguk sighed angrily and in distress, putting his back to us as he ran a hand of fingers through his hair.

"We don't know anything for sure yet," he said slowly as faced again, his eyes temporarily going shut.

"What should we do?" Youngjae asked. "The whole plan might have gone down the drain now."

"No, no, it hasn't," he said, holding up his hand for a moment. "The plan is still intact, we just have to take a back road to get there now. And as far as Zelo is concerned, I'll handle him if you guys go out there and find him."

"Consider him found," Himchan said, apparently feeling the need to speak for all of us. Then, giving us one last glance, Yongguk the room, letting the door slam shut on its own. "Told you guys he was dead," he said to us with raised eyebrows, looking at us for a long moment before heading out the same door as Yongguk.