Chapter Twenty-Five | Monster

Jongin's POV

Kyungsoo and I really didn't talk for the rest of the day. I hated to make him upset, but I hated even more that he couldn't at least sympathize with me. This had nothing to do with their previous relationship and everything to do with his and Baekhyun's safety. Why couldn't he see that?

Instead of waiting for him like I usually did, I went right home after school let out. Once I arrived at, or more like teleported to, the house I quickly took off my shoes and set them by the door.

"Hey, Kai," Lay said from the kitchen, his back facing me. "How was school?"

"Oh, hey, hyung," I replied, taking a moment to walk in. "School? It was fine, I guess."

"You guess?" he said, finally glancing back at me.

"What?" I said innocently. "Is that not a good answer?"

"Not when you live with people that can hear your thoughts, no," he said, tapping the wooden spoon on the side of the pot and turning to me fully. I sighed and took a seat at the dining room table, briefly rubbing my hands over my face. "Come on, tell me what's wrong."

"Don't you already know what's wrong?" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"Yes, but I want to hear you say it," he said. "Being able to read someone's mind is great, but talking about your problems still helps."

"Fine," I said, giving into him. "Kyungsoo and I had a little quarrel today."

"About...?" he asked, stretching his voice out.

"He thinks I'm paranoid because I don't trust one of his friends," I answered.

"Well, are you? Paranoid?"

"No!" I looked at him with an offended expression. "My instincts are telling me something is wrong, but my own boyfriend seems to think I'm crazy and that I should just ignore it."

"Okay, so why don't you trust him?" he questioned.

"Because...I just get this feeling when I'm around him," I explained. "Like he's planning something that isn't good. I don't know how to describe it."

"Well, your instincts are pretty good, so I don't doubt that you're right," he said. "But maybe you should look into it more and gather evidence before you go accusing him. D.O. has known him a lot longer than you have, so he probably knows him better. But if you really think something is wrong, then look into it, Kai."

"Ah! I'm already one step ahead of you," I said, temporarily pointing a finger at him and standing up. "I was just about to go do that."

"But, of course, you're going to do your homework first," he said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice and in his smirk.

"Of course," I said, completely lying. "Homework is important." He laughed as I stood up from the table.

"I'll call you when dinner is ready," he said.

"Okay," I shouted as I jogged up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door closed. Throwing my bag on my bed, I instantly got on my laptop and opened up my browser as soon as all the loading screens passed by. I didn't know where to look first, but I figured that Google would get me somewhere. 

I typed in "Park" in the search box and began scrolling through all the search results until I saw one that read: "Park Family Hunting." I clicked on that and found what was basically an online catalog for the chain of hunting stores his family owned. I thought it was a dead-end until I came across a photo of his family that instantly caught my attention.