Chapter Thirty-Three | Secretive

Kyungsoo's POV

As the weeks went on, I was starting to feel like there was something everyone else knew that I didn't. Call me paranoid, but there was just something about the way everyone was acting around me. Every time I would catch them talking to each other, especially when Jongin was around, they would abruptly stop and try to act "natural." Moreover, they were blocking certain thoughts from me, so it wasn't like I could find out that way. Jongin was at least a little better at acting like nothing was going on, but I couldn't help but wonder what everyone else could know that I couldn't. 

I tried not to make too huge of a fuss over it, though, because despite feeling majorly left out, I was still happy. I was more so worried about it being something bad, but I figured if that was the case, they would tell me. Jongin was still as sweet and loving as could be, so I guess I had no real complaints.

But I knew myself. If I let this feeling just sit and stew inside of me, I would go insane.  I had a slight tendency to overreact to things like this. That's why my parents stopped throwing me surprise parties for my birthday. Even if it was only the smallest of hints, I had to at least try to ask. 

"Hey, Jongin?" I said carefully as I put one of my night time shirts on, making sure to approach this with caution and ease into it.

"Yes, love?" he replied, pulling back the covers and arranging the pillows on our bed.

"You would tell me if something was wrong, right?" I asked, earning a baffled look from him.

"Yeah, of course, I would," he said, clearly trying to cover something up. I had known him long enough to tell when he was nervous. I could smell it on him and hear the slight shake in his voice. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason, really," I said, shrugging a bit and shaking my head faintly. "It's just that everyone seems to be acting strange lately." 

"What do you mean?" he asked. "I haven't noticed that. Everyone seems perfectly fine to me."

"I'm sure they are," I said, "but it's almost like they know something that I don't. I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid."

"Probably," he said, letting out a light but slightly shaky sigh as he sat on the bed. I turned to face him, my eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion.

"So nothing is going on? Absolutely nothing?" I said, desperate to get the tiniest hint from him.

"Absolutely nothing," he said. I sighed and decided to stop. Clearly, he wasn't going to budge and I didn't have the energy to keep pushing him. 

"Okay...if you say so," I replied, walking over to my side of the bed and climbing in. I felt him watching me as I lifted the covers and laid down. 

"It's really nothing, okay?" he said, turning more toward me and rubbing his hand against my arm gently. "I would never keep any big secrets from you. I have nothing to hide from you." I smiled faintly at him and nodded my head in response, not being able to resist his charm.

"Okay," I said, sighing in defeat. "I won't ask any more questions." He chuckled and pressed a quick kiss to my lips before getting in the bed properly.

"Plus, you have enough to worry about with graduation coming up, Mr. Valedictorian," he said, causing me to roll my eyes and blush faintly. "So, you just focus on preparing that amazing speech and try not to worry about anything else. I've got everything under control."

"That tells me that you don't have everything under control," I said.

"Hmm," he hummed before letting out a loud yawn and reaching for the lamp on the side table. "I do, trust me. You don't have to worry about a thing." I laughed a little and moved closer to him. "Goodnight, baby. I love you," he said, shifting himself a bit.

"I love you, too," I replied as I let my body sink into his. He placed a kiss on the top of my head and in no time, he was sleeping like a baby.

It took me a little longer to fall asleep, my thoughts still plagued with curiosity. I could at least rule out all of the negative possibilities, which brought me a nice sense of relief. But it also carried a lot of excitement with it, which made it more annoying to not know what was going on. 

At some point, I shook my head faintly and closed my eyes. I hated surprises.

A/N

I had originally planned to put the proposal in this and make this longer, but I thought that it would be better if I added this sort of filler of Kyungsoo's feelings. But the next chapter will be exciting, so stick around!

Please leave a like and a comment to share your thoughts or questions with me! I love to hear your guys' opinions! Thank you for reading! <3