Chapter Fifty-Seven | The Plan

Zelo's POV

"Ugh," groaned Himchan from the chair he was sitting in, tossing his head back. "That asshole tells us to be here on time, but he doesn't even have the decency to listen to himself. Where the fuck is he?"

"Ah, quit your complaining, Himchan," Jongup said, rolling his eyes. "He's the alpha. He can do whatever he wants."

"Alpha my ass," Himchan replied, scoffing crossing his arms over his chest. "If you ask me, he needs to go to learn how to be one."

"Well, no one asked you, so you if you would kindly shut your mouth," Jongup said, looking over at Himchan. I remained sitting quietly in my chair, looking at Himchan as he sent a glare to Jongup.

I uncomfortably shifted in my chair, hoping that Yongguk would arrive soon so that I could get away from all this bickering. By now, I thought would be used to it, but even after three years, it made me uncomfortable. Daehyun and Youngjae walked into the room next, Himchan letting out a disappointed groan when he saw it was them and not Yongguk.

"Gee, it's nice to see you guys, too," Daehyun said sarcastically, shaking his head a little. "Where's Yongguk? He told us to be here like fifteen minutes ago."

"That's what I've been saying for the past fifteen minutes," Himchan said, sitting upright in his chair as Daehyun plopped next to him. "But apparently just because he's the alpha he can do as he pleases."

"Damn right I can and if you have a problem with it, feel free to leave and go be a lone wolf," Yongguk said, startling us all with his abrupt appearance. He gave Himchan a fake and threatening grin, causing him to just roll his eyes and pout faintly. "Hey, baby," he said to me in a deep voice that never failed to make me melt.

"H-Hi," I said quietly and timidly, looking up at him before he leaned down and kissed me full on the lips, his hand loosely gripping my chin. He only pulled back when I kissed back in a meek manner and I gave him a weak smile before he stood up straight again.

"Now that the porn show is over," Himchan said with a displeased sigh, hunching his back over before standing up, "can we please go over this plan? You know, that thing you called us in here to discuss?"

"I was getting to that, you impatient bastard," Yongguk said, glaring at him briefly before clearing his throat. "How is the spying coming along, Dae?"

"Not good," Daehyun admitted with a heavy sigh, resting his back against the chair. "We didn't really get to talk to the kids, so he's onto us now. He and his stupid pack have been watching over their property every night for the past week and a half."

"Well, what else did you expect to happen when you dragged their kids into this?" Jongup replied, earning a glare from Daehyun. 

"The point is," Youngjae added, turning his attention away from Jongup. "I think they're catching onto our plan, which could be bad."

"Or it could be good," Yongguk said, staring blankly at the wall as he thought.

"What do you mean?" Himchan questioned. "How can any of this be good?"

"Let's assume Kai has figured out our plan." He began walking around now, his facial expression still showing that he was deep in thought. "Then he most likely has figured out why the plan exists in the first place, which means his instinct will be to deal with it on his own and not involve the pack. So, if he does find us, he'll most likely come alone."

"That's a bold assumption to make," Daehyun said. "You really think he hasn't told his pack about all of this? And even if he hasn't, you think they won't find out?"