Chapter Fifty | My Babies

Jongin's POV

After another six months of watching Lily run around on four legs, she finally phased into her human form for the first time. She resembled Kyungsoo the most, with those same big eyes, that same white skin, and those heart-shaped lips. Other people might say think that that would have upset me, but I couldn't have been happier. 

Like the average baby, Lily got quite fussy at night time, so we didn't get as much sleep as we used to. When she first turned, Kyungsoo couldn't even get a wink of sleep because even with the baby monitor we had sitting on our nightstand, he worried that she would stop breathing in the middle of the night, so he often fell asleep in her room. I offered to give him a break and check on her for him, but he always batted his hand at me nonchalantly and said he'd get it.

After what became our first night of relative peace and quiet, I was roused by the sound of Lily's familiar crying and got up to check on her before she could wake up Kyungsoo, too. It was almost eight in the morning anyway, the longest she had ever slept in, so I figured I'd let him sleep in a little bit. When I pushed open her cracked door. I saw that she had figured out how to stand up in her crib and I couldn't stop myself from chuckling.

"What are you doing up?" I asked as I walked over to her and lifted her out, forcing her to let go of the grip she had on the wooden crib bars. Tears bordered her dark eyes as I adjusted her into my arms and her arms immediately trapped my neck. "What's wrong, sweetie?" I said as I rubbed small circles on her back. She just whined and kneaded her face on the area of my shirt that covered my shoulder. I heard a rumbling sound come from her stomach, which answered my question immediately. 

"Huh," I faked gasped, her head now off my shoulder and facing me, "what was that? Is there a lion in your tummy?" Her eyes formed perfect crescents as she laughed, her rosy cheeks puffing out. "Or are you just hungry?" She whined in response, a faint smile still on her face. "Okay, how about we go make some breakfast?" She squealed this time and made me chuckle. "Okay, let's go," I said as I kissed her cheek and lifted her up more.

Once we were downstairs in the kitchen I set Lily in her height chair and walked over to the cupboard that hid the cereal. I turned around when I heard her let out another loud whine and saw her kicking her legs and flailing her arms as she tried to spin her body around.

"You're just a little drama queen this morning, aren't you?" I said as I walked back over to her, leaving the cupboard door open to go and pick her back up. She ceased all noise making once she was back in my arms, one of her short arms resting on my shoulder. 

With her secured by me, I proceeded to grab the box of Cheerios off the dark brown, wooden shelf and took it with me as I walked back near the stove to get the small, purple bowl that she usually used. Thankful that the box was already open, I poured enough in the bowl to cover the bottom and just start to fill the sides, thinking that she wouldn't eat that much.

"Here," I said as I picked up a cheerio and fed it to her. She munched on it cutely and smiled widely after swallowing, both actions causing a smile to spread out on my lips. I carried her and her cereal back over to the height chair, setting her in it again and placing the plastic bowl in front of her. I walked back over to start preparing her milk and then started making coffee after that. The coffee was almost done when I heard the familiar noise of Kyungsoo's footsteps coming down the stairs. He walked in the kitchen a minute or so later, yawning with a hand covering his mouth and stretching his arms out.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I said, going over to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Mornin'," he replied before leaning up to make our lips touch once more. "Thank you for getting her. I really needed that extra ten minutes of sleep."