Chapter Thirty | Reborn

Kyungsoo's POV

I felt like I was trapped inside of a dream; like I was walking around in some strange place with a dark blindfold over my eyes to keep me from seeing, but I somehow managed to find the light at the end of the tunnel; like my entire body was shut off except for my feet and they seemed to know exactly where they were going. 

When I finally was able to open my eyes, I had to shut them again right away because the room was so bright that my eyes seemed to reject it. After blinking them several times, I was finally able to open them fully and look around a bit. I realized that I was in Jongin's room. I was laying on his bed, but that seemed to be one of the few pieces of furniture in the room anymore, as most of the room was bare and empty. 

But something else was different about my surroundings, something very different. It was like my vision had been sharpened by at least 100 notches. I could see even the tiniest dust particles bouncing and floating around in the air. My sense of smell was much better, too. I could smell the trees and wild flowers from outside the window, hearing them blow softly in the wind. 

As I sat up, I heard the sound of voices coming all the way from downstairs. I could hear every word so clearly that it was like I was right there in the room, too. And to top all of these weird new senses off, I could hear a voice in my head that sounded an awful lot like Jongin's. I looked around and it was clear that I was alone in the room, so where could his voice be coming from? Or was I just losing my mind?

"Jongin?" I called out, testing to see if he was possibly behind the door. But no response came from him or the door; it just stayed closed. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself, rubbing my hand against my forehead. Was this all part of the whole becoming a werewolf thing? If so, this was a lot weirder than I imagined. 

I moved to the edge of the bed, figuring it was better to take things slowly since it had been so long since the last time I was on my feet. When I was able to stand up, my whole body felt lighter and more youthful, like someone had turned back my age clock by ten years. I groaned and attempted to stand up. 

As I was doing that, I could hear footsteps approaching the room. I stopped what I was doing and remained seated on the bed. The door opened very carefully a few moments later and Jongin appeared. I was feeling so lost and confused about everything, so him being the first one I saw when I woke up brought major relief to me.

"Soo? You're awake?" he said as he pushed the door open and scattered toward me. He was trying to control the amount of excitement in his voice, but the bright, twinkle in his eyes was enough to give him away.

"It would appear so," I replied in a groggy voice, making the smile on his face widen. "I feel so weird...I didn't expect it to feel like this."

"But you feel okay other than that, right?" he asked, sitting down beside me on the bed. "Like you don't feel sick or anything?"

"No, just a little out of it, but I have been sleeping for a while." He chuckled a little, rubbing the low of my back softly. 

"We'll call the vet when we get downstairs to make sure everything is okay," he said. I nodded and hummed a little, leaning against him and letting out a sigh. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "I missed you," he said in a quieter voice. 

"I missed you, too. I kept seeing you in my dreams, but I could never seem to reach you. It was very frustrating," I replied, earning a small laugh from him. 

"Well, I'm right here now and I'm not going anywhere." He pulled back a little and gave me a soft smile, prompting me to smile back. He then leaned down and pressed a kiss on my lips. "I love you," he said after pulling back slightly, his lips still brushing against mine.