Chapter Sixty-Two | Not the Last

Kyungsoo's POV

Upon hearing the news of what happened to Zelo, the pack quickly made plans to bring him back and confront Yongguk once and for all. Joonmyun found out through the help of a friend that Yongguk and his pack lived closer than we had anticipated, but he said it would still take approximately three days to get there on foot, even if they were traveling on four feet instead of two. The lodging situation also became a problem, but Joonmyun, being the rich man that he is, said that his family had a cabin not too far outside of that area, so they could stay there until this conflict was resolved. 

However, as the plans were being finalized, I was only just starting to become fearful. Jongin and I had reached a mutual agreement that Baekhyun, Luhan and I would stay behind to be with the kids in the case they came to our land. This sounded okay at first, but the more I thought about it, the more nervous I got for him. No one planned for the recuse mission to spiral into a fight, but the possibility was there and everyone knew they had to prepare for it. I could barely explain to the kids why Jongin was leaving in the first place, so how could I possibly explain his death to them? I hoped I wouldn't have to.

The night before the pack was due to leave came and I sat quietly sat on the bed as Jongin packed up his things. "Clothes, toiletries, an extra coat..." He read aloud the mental checklist in his head, straightening out his spine and freezing in place to make sure he got all the necessities. "Do you think I covered everything?" he asked as his body moved to face me. My eyes went slightly wide when I realized he was talking to me, keeping my mouth shut as I hummed and nodded my head. "Are you okay, baby? You've been really quiet over the past few days." He walked over to the bed and joined me as he spoke with concern, placing his hand on top of mine before squeezing it.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said in a soft voice, a small smile occupying my lips as I looked at him and nodded faintly.

"No, you're not," he said, tilting his head to the side as he grinned. I sighed a little as the smile on my face widened in an embarrassed manner. "Tell me what's on your mind," he said, his voice making my head go back up.

"I'm afraid," I admitted with a small shrug and another sigh. "I'm afraid that this will turn into a fight and you'll get hurt."

"I know, but I don't think it will," he said, beginning to rub his fingers against my skin. "I can't promise that it won't because Yongguk, well, he's pretty unpredictable, but if there's anything I can do stop it from turning into anything more than a somewhat civil discussion, I will. I don't have plans on dying yet." We smiled at each other before leaning in and making our lips join in a kiss that lasted a few seconds before ending.

"I don't suppose we could make love one last time," I said in a quieter voice with a hint of innocence mixed in, playing with the collar of his shirt. He just smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my body closer to his and making my hands land on his shoulders.

"Baby," he said in a low and husky voice, "it won't be the last time, I promise." All I could do was smile at that before our lips were back on each other, this time moving in a more hungry, lustful way. 

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"But daddy, I don't want you to leave!" Lily was a distraught mess the next day when Jongin had to leave. She was literally wrapped around his leg as he tried to get to the front door,  her eyebrows furrowed and a pout on her lips. "Take me with you!"

"Princess, I told you a million times already," Jongin said, lowering his head so that he could see her, "you can't come. Where I'm going is no place for kids. You have to stay here and keep your brother and appa company."

"But I don't wanna!" she whined, only tightening her grip on him. "I wanna go with you. I don't want you to leave unless you're taking me with you." He groaned internally and then bent down, peeling her off of his leg and standing her up in front of him.

"I know you want me to stay, but this is very important," he said, widening his eyes as he spoke. But Lily wasn't impressed by that and crossed her arms over her chest, her face scrunching up in the process. "I won't be gone for long, sweetie. You don't want appa and Jaehyun to stay here by themselves, do you?"

"No..." she said and I could tell by the tone in her voice that was starting to cave.

"Good because I'm counting on you to keep them safe, okay?" he said, a smile growing on his lips. "Can you be a good girl and do that for me?"

She sighed in defeat and uncrossed her arms. "Fine," she said. "But I won't like it and you can't make me like it." He chuckled and kissed her forehead before standing erect. Then, I walked her and Jaehyun over to the door as Jongin opened it, stepping outside to throw his bags with the others in the car that Lay was driving to the cabin.

"Be careful, daddy," Jaehyun said as Jongin walked back over to us. "Don't get hurt."

Jongin smiled down at him. "I won't, buddy," he said as he knelt down to kiss and hug him. "You be a good girl, okay?" he said, turning to Lily. "Don't give appa a hard time."

"I never do," she said, making him chuckle again before he took her in his arms.

"Don't worry about me," he said, putting his attention on me now. "I'll come back in one piece."

"You better," I said with a sad smile. He smiled at me and then kissed me lovingly on the lips before hugging me tightly.

"I love you," he said into the crook of my neck, kissing it before pulling back.

"I love you, too," I replied. Then, giving us all one last smile, he turned around and I saw Lay start heading toward the road in the car while Jongin and the others phased, running off and disappearing into the forest.

A/N

I would also like to make another suggestion for you guys! It is a collection of KaiSoo one shots, if I'm not mistaken, written by __katee__. Last time I checked, there was only one posted, but it is definitely worth taking the time to read and I have no doubt that the author will post more great ones! So, go and give it some support!

Thanks for reading this update and please feel free to leave some comments to tell me what you think will go down between the two packs! Until tomorrow! <3