Chapter Forty-Two | Babies on the Way

Kyungsoo's POV

After lounging around the house for a few hours, I had planned to go to the grocery store since we were running low on food, but Jongin offered to go instead, seeing as how he had to go get gas in the car anyway. So, I made him a little list of the stuff we needed and sent him off, knowing that he would come home with more stuff than we actually needed. While he was gone, I decided to walk up to the main house to talk with Lay until Jongin came back, but I found that Chanyeol was there watching T.V. in the living room and decided to join him.

"Hey, Yeol," I said as I briefly walked in front of the television, taking a seat next to him. "Where's Baekhyun?"

"I have no idea," he said with a small shrug.

"You don't know where your own boyfriend is?" I questioned with slightly raised eyebrows, earning a muted shake of the head from him. "Wow, that's great."

"Hey, I asked him where he was going, but he just told me to shut up," he said, making me laugh. "He said he'd tell me when he got back. Anyway, where's Kai?"

"At the store," I answered as I yawned.

"Are you seriously still tired?" he questioned, causing me to look in his direction. "It's like three o'clock in the afternoon."

"I know that dipshit," I said, whacking him over the head with one of the pillows on the couch. "I couldn't sleep last night. I had too much on my mind."

"What's 'too much'?" he asked.

"I was just thinking about the future," I said, bringing my legs up on the couch and crossing them. "I know that we're supposed to let Fate decide what happens to us, but it just bugs me that I don't know what's next for me, you know?"

"I can understand that," he said with a nod and a light sigh, his eyes still on the television.

"Does that ever get to you?" I asked, my eyes moving back to his face.

"Not really," he replied. "But then again, I don't even know what I'm going to have for dinner tonight, so I guess not knowing the future doesn't bug me. But I can see why it would bug you. You had your whole life planned out before."

"Yeah...I can't help but wonder what's next," I said, nodding my head a little in agreement.

"Look at it this way," he said as he shifted his body to face me a bit more, "you never planned to find someone that has more love for you than life itself or get married and those are both great things. So, if those two great things can happen to you without you planning it, then you can trust that Fate has plenty of great things in store for you."

"I guess that makes sense," I said, turning my head away and sighing. About five minutes later, Baekhyun came in and I could tell by the way he was trying not to smile that something had happened.

"Who'd you kill?" I asked him as he took his shoes off.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he retaliated with a smug smirk on his lips.

"So, are you going to tell me where you went for the past hour?" Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun sat on his lap, loosely wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Oh, I was just at the vet visiting Lay," Baekhyun said, scratching his scalp nervously.

"Liar," Chanyeol and I said simultaneously.

"Spill it, Byun," I said. "You know you can't lie to us." He sighed and adjusted his position, pushing back a few strands of his hair.

"I really was at the vet," he started, "but I wasn't there to see Lay. I was there because I had an appointment."