Chapter Fourteen | Afternoon Confessions

Chanyeol's POV

My dad didn't know what to do when I told him about what I saw the day before, but he said before he could even start to think of a plan, he would need to see for himself. I offered to help him with that, but he assured me that he would take care of it. Truthfully though, I didn't know how much I would be able to help. I was still busy trying to convince myself that all this stuff was real.

Being the child and grandchild of werewolf hunters, I basically grew up with the idea that werewolves were real. I had even spent one entire summer when I was twelve learning the art of how to kill a werewolf, much to my dismay. But I had never actually seen one until yesterday, so I was kind of in shock to say the least. 

Another part of being raised around hunters is that I am pretty much expected to follow in the footsteps of my father and his father. My grandpa was more into than my dad. He was the one who pushed for me to carry on the Park legacy since he felt that my dad wasn't doing that great of a job. He said he was too soft and sympathetic to be the head of the company that his father built decades ago. I don't know why he felt such a strong hatred for them, but I was always too afraid to ask.

But now that I had seen them magically turning into wolves and saw just how huge they were, I was starting to apply his lessons more. Especially now that I knew D.O. was involved. I had no choice but to protect him from those things. There was no way in hell that I was going to let Kai put him in danger. Not if I could do anything to stop it.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

As soon as I saw D.O. walk into school the following day, I went over to him. I had to warn him about Kai before he was able to get his hands on him and turn him into one, too.

"D.O.," I said loudly as I made my way over to him. He looked around and then spotted me and waved, smiling brightly.

"Hey Yeol," he said cheerfully. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, but there's something really important I need to tell you," I said, wanting to get straight to the point.

"Okay," he said as he shut his locker. "Talk away."

"That Kai person that you're talking to," I started.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"I don't think you should be around him anymore. He seems dangerous." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Chanyeol, you know I love you, but trying to stop me from moving on won't make me want you back," he said as he started walking down the hall. "And you've never even talked to him. How can you know he's dangerous?"

"What, no, that's not what I meant," I said, following after him as he began to walk toward his locker. "I'm not trying to get you back anymore. I just meant that I don't trust him and I don't think you should either. I mean, you barely know anything about him. He could be like a total crazy obsessive guy who won't leave you alone." 

"Like you?" he said back. I just looked at him as he laughed. "Remind me to never let you talk to Luhan again," he added, stopping in front of his locker.

"D.O., I'm being serious here," I said jogged up to his side.

"So am I, Chanyeol," he said, pausing his steps and spinning around to look at me. "I don't know what you have against him, but I don't care either. I really like Kai and as much as I appreciate and treasure your opinion, I'm not going to let you or anyone else for that matter change that." I let out a sigh and ran a few of my fingers through my hair. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to English," he said. "I'll talk to you later when you're not so...like this." Then, shaking his head a little, he walked away.