An Important Conversation Part 1

Tanjiro's eyes fluttered awake as he tried to shield his eyes from the shining sun above with his hand.

He sat up and looked around him. He was surrounded by the swordsmiths he saved.

"Are you okay Kamado-sama?"

Tanjiro was slightly confused but then he pieced together that he passed out from exhaustion fighting Upper Moon Three.

He nodded to the swordsmiths and slowly rose to his feet. His body was sore and in pain all over so he winced when he stood up.

He picked up his sword and sheathed it, sliding it into his belt.

"Do you know where the other two hashira are?"

One of the swordsmiths pointed to the rock wall and Tanjiro could see Muichio and Genya climbing down. He sighed in relief.

He started walking in their direction and joined up with him.

"Genya! Tokito-kun!"

They both smiled at him and waved.

"Genya, I thought you died. When you got impaled by the spear, how did you survive?"

"Do you know what repetitive actions are?"

Tanjiro shook his head in confusion. "No..."

"I'll explain it to you another time. After we heal."

Tanjiro nodded while smiling. "Sounds good."

Muichiro was holding the box with Nezuko inside and Tanjiro extended his arms to take it. Muichiro nodded and gave him the box.

"I kept her safe for you."

Tanjiro smiled warmly. "Thanks."

Tanjiro swung the box onto his back and patted the top of it. "You okay in there Nezuko?"

"Mmhm!"

He chuckled slightly and gave a thumbs-up to Muichiro as thanks.

"Tokito-kun, do you know if there were any casualties?"

Muichiro looked saddened after hearing that question. He glanced off to the side, unable to look Tanjiro in the eye, and nodded.

"One, yeah..."

"Who was it?"

"Kotetsu-kun..."

Tanjiro's eyes widened and he felt his tears well up.

"No...are you serious?"

"Unfortunetly...I couldn't save him...sorry."

"I'll go properly mourn him after...before I leave..."

Then, he heard a familiar voice come running towards Tanjiro.

"Tanjirooooo!!!"

He turned his head to see Mitsuri crying her eyes out while running towards him. She ran up to the three of them and hugged them tightly while still bawling.

"Thank the Gods!!"

Genya's face turned a bright red while Muichiro was surprised to be embraced in her arms.