The Drum Demon Part 1

Tanjiro was still holding Tanaki. He didn't want to accept the fact that he was already dead. His body was limp and Tanaki's arms were down by his side no longer clutching on to Tanjiro.

H-He's dead already. I'm sorry Tanaki. You must've died a painful death. One with full of suffering and agony. If only I had got here sooner...if only....

Tanjiro looked to the kids still hiding in the bushes realizing something.

Wait if this isn't the brother of those kids, then there must be more prisoners...

Tanjiro looked at Tanaki one last time still feeling regret he couldn't save him.

When I come back I will give you a proper burial...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...

"Zenitsu! Let's go!"

Zenitsu still looking as petrified as the kids, reluctantly shook his head not wanting to endanger himself. Tanjiro just gave a anger filled face to him.

"Ah, I see. I understand."

Zenitsu clung to Tanjiro's box not wanting Tanjiro to be angry. Tanjiro just kept walking as he dragged Zenitsu across the ground.

"Yahh!! What is it!? Don't look at me with that face full of fury!! I'll come along okay!?!"

"I don't plan on forcing you..."

"I'll come! I'll come I swear!!"

Tanjiro walked over to the kids and put down his box.

"I'm placing this box here in case of any danger. No matter what happens it will protect you so don't leave it alone."

Tanjiro walked toward the house with confidence he will defeat the demon. Both Tanjiro and Zenitsu walked inside the house and were met with empty corridors.

"Tanjiro. Tanjiro are you listening? You will protect me right? You will definitely protect me right?"

"Zenitsu, I will protect you but if there comes a situation where I'm not able to protect you then you need to do it yourself. You have a sword on your waist for a reason.

"Noooo! I can't protect myself at all!!! I'm useless!! I can't do anything!!"

"*sigh* I guess it can't be helped then. I'll try to protect you as best I can Zenitsu."

"T-Thank you Tanjiro!"

"No you can't!!!"

"Yahhhh! Why did you scream like that!?!"

Tanjiro saw the kids he left outside the house come running in.

"You guys can't come in here!!"

"I-It's because your box was making scratching sounds and I got scared!"

"Even so, you guys can't just leave it alone like that!! That box is more important than my own life!!"

Zenitsu was surprised by what Tanjiro said and mumbled to himself his disbelief.

"More important than your own life....? What would be in there that's more important than your life...?"

Then, all of them heard the sound of a drum beat again but much louder than last time. Zenitsu got scared once again and crouched down with his hands in his face. But by doing so he accidentally pushed Tanjiro to the other room. There was now a door frame in between Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

"Ah sorry! I accidentally pushed you!"

Tanjiro was clutching on the sister of the siblings duo. But then they both heard the same drum sound that was heard outside of the house right after Tanaki. The drum ringed through the air three times before fading. Tanjiro and the girl he was holding opened their eyes to see they were in a completely different room.