The Power Of A Hashira

"I guess I'll have to kill you then!"

Akaza again rushed Rengoku. But he was ready for the attack.

"Flame Breathing! First Form: Unknowing Fire!"

A big explosion was caused between the two of them as they clashed so heavily. Amid the fire and dust, Rengoku and Akaza were fighting intensely. They were both giving it their all, and no gaps in their battle could be found. Akaza kept throwing punches, but Rengoku kept swinging his sword with all his might to block them. Both of their intense gazes at each other were fierce. Rengoku could only manage a couple of times to cut through Akaza's limbs, but each time, Akaza regenerated deadly fast.

 Rengoku could only manage a couple of times to cut through Akaza's limbs, but each time, Akaza regenerated deadly fast

Akaza jumped into the air to find an opening.

"I've never killed a flame hashira before! This is exciting! But still, none accepted my proposal to become a demon. Why is that? As a person who walks the path of a warrior, just like you, I can't understand it! One cannot just decide to become a demon; you have to be chosen. But you, who worked so hard to build such magnificent strength, would simply let it wither away? What a waste! It's hard for me to accept, you know. Seeing someone with the power such as yours see it go to waste, it's sad!"

Blood Demon Art! Destructive Death: Air Type!

Akaza punched the open air while upside down, but Rengoku felt a punch go straight into his stomach. He coughed up a little from the unexpected attack.

"Flame Breathing. Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!"

Rengoku swung his sword in front of him, twisting his blade and making a wall of flame to protect him. Akaza's punches hit the flame shield and didn't go past it.

He strikes the empty air with his fist, but the attack comes directly at me! If we keep fighting at a distance like this, it will be tough to cut off his head. So I'll get in close!

Rengoku rushed him, which left him surprised. Rengoku swung his sword low, but Akaza quickly dodged. Rengoku tried again and lifted his blade high in the air, bringing his flame-engulfed katana down on him. They both kept swinging and blocking fiercely without taking any moments to rest.

 They both kept swinging and blocking fiercely without taking any moments to rest