Tanjiro's Dream Part 3

Tanjiro stood up now wearing his corps uniform and wielding his sword on his waist. All his siblings were very concerned for him, because they just watched him burst into flames.

"Onii-chan, are you alright?"

"Tanjiro..."

He closed his eyes in sorrow and just gave a lowly response.

"I...have to go....gomen'nasai..."

("Gomen'nasai" means "I'm Sorry" in Japanese and is used formally)

Tanjiro rushed out the house with his siblings calling out for him.

"Tanjiro!!"

If there's a demon near-by showing me this dream, I need to take it out! And fast!

"Tanjiro, where are you going?"

Tanjiro stopped in his tracks immediately and his eyes widened in shock

Tanjiro stopped in his tracks immediately and his eyes widened in shock. He hadn't heard that voice in so long. He started tearing up so fast.

"I picked a lot of wild vegetables today!"

Tanjiro could hear how beautiful and joyful her voice sounded. He longed for the day Nezuko would turn into a human again. He didn't need to turn around to know that she had the warmest smile on her face. The rest of his family caught up to him and stood behind Nezuko. His mother was the one worried the most.

"Tanjiro? What's wrong? Why are you dressed like that?"

Tanjiro hung his head in sadness, as this was a just to much to bear. It felt so real. All their voices, scents, touches, and emotions.

I...I want to stay here forever...I want to turn around and go back...I wish for nothing more than to jump into Kaa-san's arms and rant to her about how bad a nightmare I had...you all being massacred...I wish for that all to be a nightmare...I know it's selfish of me but, I want to be pampered right now...I should have been able to live here like this until the rest of my life.

Tanjiro clenched his fists in a mix of anger and sorrow. His entire family looked at him in confusion and worry.

Everyone...should still be alive and well...Nezuko should be able to walk in the sunlight...under a blue sky...I should...I should be making charcoal here...not swinging a sword...but I lost all that!! I...can't go back! No matter how much I want to!! All this was taken from me...ripped out of my heart and left to bleed...I...I still haven't recovered from this...but! There's no use to dwell on it!! Just keep moving foward!!

Tanjiro started running away from his family with a steeled look in his eyes. His littlest sibling ran after him, unable to catch up to his speed.

"Tanjiro, don't leave us!!!"

He fell to the ground hitting the cold snow with tears running down his face. But Tanjiro was as well. He had to run away from his family with many tears streaking his face.