Tanjiro's Blade

After Tanjiro and Tanaki had split to go their separate ways, Tanjiro just wanted to get home as quickly as possible to eat and sleep. Even though the boy had extreme stamina, surviving 7 days in the final selection took a toll on his physical and mental health.

Ah, damn it....Even though I killed 16 demons in total, I couldn't have a conversation with them. The only thing they were thinking about was killing me and eating my flesh. I wasn't able to ask them how to turn a demon into a human. I'm sorry Nezuko. I'm so sorry......

As the boy was speeding past the trees and farms, he arrived at Urokodaki's house. He looked up to the sky seeing that it had already turned dark. As he approached the house he heard knocking of the door. Then suddenly he saw Nezuko kick the door! Tanjiro was left astonished. Nezuko walked out of the house with such a peaceful look on her face.

"N-Nezuko! You-You woke up!" Nezuko!"

Nezuko turned her head and noticed Tanjiro. She immediately started running for Tanjiro. As Nezuko was aout to reach Tanjiro, she extended her arms and embraced Tanjiro into a tight hug. Tanjiro was surprised but immediately started feeling his eyes water up. Tears flowed from Tanjiro's eyes. He couldn't contain how happy he was to see Nezuko awake. Even though it had only been around 2 months that Nezuko was asleep for, Tanjiro worried relentlessly. They even called a docter after the second week she was asleep, only to find out that the docter didn't find anything wrong with her. But of course unbeknownst to the docter, she was a demon.

"Uwahhhhh-Nezuko! Why did you have to sleep for so long? I worried about you so much! I thought you were dead!"

As Urokodaki was walking out of the house holding a pile of firewood to keep the house warm, he saw Tanjiro hugging his sister. He didn't think he would come back alive from the final selection. He immediately dropped the wood he was holding and walked over to embrace both of them in a tight hug. Both Tanjiro and Urokodaki were crying.

"Tanjiro....You-You came back. You came back alive. Thank you for surviving."

--Time Skip--

15 days later, a man with a wind chime hat was walking towards the Urokodaki residence. Swaying in the wind the metal rods of the wind chimes hit the glass to make peaceful sounds. Carrying on his back was Tanjiro's new nichirin sword. As the man approched the house, Tanjiro noticed him while he was sweeping the front of Urokodaki's house.Tanjiro spoke up. "Oh hi there! what brings you here?"

"I am Hotaru Haganezuka. I am here to deliver Tanjiro Kamado's sword"

"Oh yes that's me! Please come inside and sit down." Haganezuka ignored Tanjiro and started talking about the sword.

"This is a nichirin blade."

"Um...you can come in and have a seat."

"I was the one who forged this sword."

"Yes. Would you like to come in and have some tea?"

"The nichirin blade's raw materials are iron sand and ore from the highest mountain that is closest to the sun. 'Scarlet crimson iron sand' and 'scarlet crimson ore'. These are metals that have been absorbed in sunlight."