To The Swordsmith Village

Two weeks later after Tanjiro's sprained ankle healed, he was admitted to visit the swordsmith village to put Rengoku's hilt on his new katana.

Standing outside the butterfly mansion, he saw a female kakushi waiting for him.

She batted her long eyelashes as she saw him. "Hello there. I will guide you to the swordsmith village since Oyakata-sama permitted you."

Tanjiro had on his full uniform along with his haori, completely ready to go. Nezuko was sitting inside her box on his back, as usual.

He bowed to the kakushi. "Very nice to meet you! My name is Tanjiro Kamado, the Sun Hashira. I hope we can get along."

"It's a pleasure to be in the presence of such a person of high rank. I cannot give you my name since I am serving as your guide, but it is nice to meet you Kamado-sama."

She pulled out a cloth and some earplugs. "Here, put these on."

"Oh...what are these...?"

"A blindfold and earplugs. The village is hidden. So I will be carrying you there on my back."

"Wha?"

"And also, I hear your sense of smell is very good, so here. Noseplugs." She shoved some cloth wrapped up tightly and stuffed it into Tanjiro's nose. He was slightly surprised and recoiled at the movement.

"Waaah!"

They talked briefly before he put the earplugs on. In order to protect the village from demon attacks, it's whereabouts are kept secret.

So naturally, this woman doesn't know where it is either.

As she was carrying him on his back, she was sweating profusely with ragged breathing.

He's kinda heavy...

So this is what basically happens

Every time Tanjiro travels a set distance, he will get passed to the next kakushi. On top of that, both the paths and the kakushi frequently get changed. As the kakushi make their way to the next one, they are being guided by crows. But even the crows frequently get swapped out. And apparently, the HQ where Oyakata lives is disguised by even more complicated means.

Oh man, smart people are amazing!