The Swordsmith Village Part 5

The demon stood calmly and he raised his hand again. He hit one of the drums again with his bone-like dagger, causing the wooden dragons to rush out and attack Tanjiro.

Tanjiro quickly dug his heels into the dirt and started running in the opposite direction.

Shit shit shit!!! Now what!? I can't get to the main body if this demon is unleashing techniques that prevent me from chasing it! Where the fuck are you Genya!? There's no way you're dead, I can still smell you alive, so what gives?! I need some help here! Seriously!!

Tanjiro's heart was beating so fast it felt as if it were going to explode out of his chest. He was panting heavily as he tried to find some time to catch his breath. But the demon wouldn't allow that.

One of the wooden dragon heads came after him and Tanjiro jumped in the air to avoid it. He felt the mouth slightly scrape his back as his uniform just continued to get ripped apart.

This tree dragon has five heads and they can roughly stretch up to twenty meters (66 ft). Okay, at least I know that much.

Tanjiro saw the head that was chasing him start to screech as he did a charge-up. It looked awfully similar to Urogi's attack.

Shit! I won't have enough time to-

The demon unleashed his sonic scream blood demon art and Tanjiro felt the powerful sound waves rip through the air as it shook his body to the core. The air vibrated with an otherworldly sound, a piercing shriek that seemed to tear through reality itself. Tanjiro clutched his ears in agony as the demon's sonic assault assaulted his senses. His head spun, and a sharp pain radiated through his skull, leaving him disoriented and vulnerable. His entire body was instantly filled with pain and all of his senses were numbed ten times over.

"Gagh!!"

Still in midair, Tanjiro started falling back to the ground and he hit a branch from a tree on his way down causing him to lose balance even further.

He hit the ground head-first, causing his brain to pound against his skull even more. He tried to stand but his limbs refused.

The world around Tanjiro blurred into a chaotic whirlwind. His vision wavered, making it impossible to focus on the demonic threat lurking nearby.

Ugh...there go my eardrums. Eyes are spinning. Can't stand. Shit!! Come on, get up!! Stupid body!!

He put force into his arms again to stand. He fought to maintain his balance, stumbling as if the very ground beneath him had turned into an unstable sea.

He got up halfway but ultimately, his knees buckled under the excruciating pain. Tanjiro collapsed to his knees, clutching his head in a futile attempt to block out the excruciating noise. His body quivered with pain, every nerve tingling with the aftershocks of the sonic assault. The forest, once serene, now echoed with the symphony of agony orchestrated by the demon.

Desperation etched across his face, Tanjiro struggled to rise. Every movement sent jolts of pain through his body, but the indomitable spirit of a demon slayer burned within him. With sheer willpower, he forced himself onto shaky feet again, determination blazing in his eyes despite the blurred world around him.

Through the pain and disorientation, Tanjiro focused on nothing but getting ready for the next attack. As the ringing in his ears began to subside somewhat, he honed his concentration, ready to face the sonic demon and silence the cacophony that threatened to overwhelm him.

The wooden dragon opened it's mouth again, showing it was going to unleash another technique.

It's attacking!!