Entertainment District Part 4

Tanjiro stood there, still spouting his words of pure rage. Daki felt something strange in his speech. She put a hand up to her ear.

Those words...I feel like I've heard them before...

Then, her eyes went wide as her mind reminded her why the words felt so familiar. Her mind played a memory she didn't remember collecting. She saw a tall man with long hair and the same mark as Tanjiro.

"What's so fun about it? What's so enjoyable? What does a life mean to you?"

Daki got even more bewildered as the man appeared in her head. Looking at Tanjiro only made her brain remember the strange man even more.

"Why don't you know?"

"Why can't you remember?"

This isn't me. These aren't my memories. It's...It must be the cells! The memories of Muzan-sama cells...

"You were once human as well. You must have struggled with pain and shed tears. You're no different than us."

Daki smashed the rooftop with her fist in anger while smiling slightly.

"Blah, blah, blah. Just shut up already. I don't remember a thing about my past. I'm a demon now, so the past has nothing to do with anything. Demons don't age. We don't need money to eat. We don't fall sick. We don't die. We don't lose anything. And strong beautiful demons can do anything!!"

Tanjiro stared blankly at her as the blood from his eyes dripped into the corner of his mouth. It tasted bitter.

"Alright. Enough then."

Tanjiro slowly walked forward knowing that Daki would attack first. She's so much of an idiot that Tanjiro knows she will always attack first, letting him counter-attack. And as expected, she thrust her arms forward to throw an attack at Tanjiro.

Blood Demon Art! Eight-Layered Obi Slash!!

Daki made 8 of her obi sashes rain from above on Tanjiro. He looked up slightly mentally noting how to defend against this. Daki's grin grew even wider since she just threw out her strongest attack. Little did she know this wouldn't be enough to stop Tanjiro.

You can't stop this, you moron. This interweaving attack has no blind spots so you can't dodge it even if you tried! Go ahead and stop this if you can!!

Tanjiro's mind went through all the sun breathing forms and chose the one best suited to defend. With deadpan eyes, he locked onto her, thinking nothing more than to take her out. At this point, his mind didn't treat her with the respect a human deserves. No, at this point his mind treated her as a target. Something to eliminate and move on. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are no blind spots. No problem then. Sun Breathing. Sixth Form: Burning Bones, Summer Sun.

He twisted his sword, lit with fire, as hard as he could creating two rings of flame.