A Confusing Morning

Shinobu's eyes fluttered awake as the morning sun blasted into her retinas. She tried turning over to face away from the sunlight to get more sleep.

For some reason, her head was pounding with pain, feeling like someone took a sledgehammer and bashed her skull in. She had no idea why. Her mouth felt dry. Way too dry.

The only thing she could remember from last night was Tanjiro's wedding and then going to hang out with Giyu. Did she go to a bar and have a couple of drinks? She also couldn't remember.

She felt extremely tired and the feeling of vomit making its way up was creeping up on her. She tried to sit up but her limbs were refusing to move. She groaned out and wished she could grab a cup of water.

She forced herself to sit up as she felt more pain shoot through her head. She felt like she was spinning, seeing three versions of everything in the room. She tried to focus on the middle one knowing that she was just seeing things.

As she was about to put force into her legs to stand, she felt something warm brush up against her thigh. She turned her head to see someone else sleeping in her futon. He had long black luscious hair. Her eyes went wide and blood rushed to her cheeks. He was facing away from her on the futon with slow delicate breaths, still deep in sleep not knowing Shinobu's growing worry.

Even with her blurry eyes, she recognized the man in her bed.

Giyu Tomioka.

She just now realized that she doesn't have any clothes on. The only thing loosely covering her chest was a blanket. Her mind raced with questions that wouldn't get answered. She put a hand to her hair and felt how messy it was.

Eh?

She was confused and held her wrist as she could feel her cheeks getting hotter

She was confused and held her wrist as she could feel her cheeks getting hotter. Her voice was low as she didn't want to wake Giyu.

"Did...did I just sleep with Tomioka-san...?" she muttered hoarsely.

She coughed slightly, paranoia running through her brain. She rushed to her feet, covering her body with the blanket. But when she stood, she wished she hadn't. She felt another ripple of nausea shoot through her and slapped a hand to her head to try and ease the pain, but it was no use.

She noticed the messy clothes scattered all around the floor, both from her and Giyu. She picked up the clothes she thought were hers and hastily put them on. As she was slipping into her uniform pants she noticed the marks littered on and around her upper body. Her neck, shoulders and even running down her chest. Hickeys.

"There's no doubt...we must've done it last night...but I don't remember at all..."

A realization came to mind and she rushed to the trash bin in the corner of the room. She crouched down and went through the litter in the bin as she pulled out scraps of paper. She was frantic as she hoped to find what she was looking for.