A New Family Member

Tanjiro's heart sank as he heard those words and panicked with sweat forming on his face and his heart rate spiking immediately.

He could barely stand still and think properly so he just lifted Kanao from the ground and held her up bridal-style.

She was surprised and made a small squeak as Tanjiro picked her up. He started running as fast as he could with her in his arms.

His legs felt weak from the lack of blood flowing through them but he ran as fast as he could anyway.

Kanao groaned out in pain again and Tanjiro tried to keep a cool head to keep her calm.

"Tanjiro it hurts..."

"I know Kanao, I know. Just bear the pain as much as you can and hold it for now."

"This isn't something I can hold in!"

"I know! I'm running as fast as I can!"

. . .

An hour later, Tanjiro arrived at the Butterfly Mansion, out of breath and with Kanao still in his arms.

He rushed inside, running past Aoi who was very much confused about what was going on.

"Tanjiro? What's going on!?"

He gave a quick answer as he rushed past the doors. "Kanao's going into labor! Tell Shinobu! I'll be in the infirmary!!"

Aoi was shocked to hear this as Kanao groaned out in pain again. Aoi rushed to Shinobu's office as Tanjiro kept running to the infirmary.

He burst through the doors, sighing and thanking that no one was using the room currently.

He set down Kanao on one of the beds and her face was still scrunched in pain. Tanjiro massaged her face and held her off-hand, trying to reassure her.

"It'll be okay...you'll be fine...just hang in there, okay?"

She nodded slightly but she was still fighting off the pain. Shinobu burst through the doors with Aoi right behind her.

"Kanao!!"

Shinobu rushed to the bedside and wiped off some of the sweat from her face, concerned for her Tsugoku.

"Aoi get some painkillers for her! And make it quick!"

Aoi sprinted out of the room to get the supplies.

Shinobu faced Kanao again and massaged her face with her hand.

"It'll be alright, okay? You'll be fine."

Kanao tried to nod but winced in pain again.

. . .

Hours later, Kanao had finally given birth and Shinobu was cradling the baby. Both Kanao and Shinobu looked tired and overworked. Tanjiro was still standing close to the bed.

But for some reason, he had an uneasy feeling. His face seemed to be covered in more sweat than Kanao herself. And she's the one who gave birth to his child. His breath was shallow and fast as he felt his eyes staring at his wailing baby. His ears felt muffled to the outside world and he couldn't shake this feeling. His heart was telling him to be happy but his brain was rilied up with thoughts.

Is...this okay...? Is this really okay...? Do I really deserve this...? If not for my actions...this child wouldn't even be here...

His eyes never left the sight of his child wrapped up in a blanket. It was crying and writhing about, but Tanjiro didn't even notice it.

Shinobu handed over the baby to Kanao's tired arms and she slowly walked out of the room, letting the parents have their alone time

Tanjiro scooted over closer to the bed and stared at both the baby and Kanao. The baby seemed to stop crying and fell asleep a bit giving them both some peace.

Kanao glanced up at Tanjiro with tears in her eyes as she held her child. She was pressing the baby wrapped in a blanket close to her chest to try and give it warmth. Her hair was a mess, only tied together with a loose hair tie, and her body was covered in sweat with the intense force she had to go through.

"We have a beautiful baby boy Tanjiro."

Tanjiro gulped to fight away his bad thoughts and nodded, trying to put on a smile for her

Tanjiro gulped to fight away his bad thoughts and nodded, trying to put on a smile for her. It's not that he wasn't happy to see his child. He very much was. But he just thought that he was too young to be a father and didn't deserve something like this.

Kanao still wanted to know what his name should be. "What should we name him?"

"I think the name we agreed on before is fine."

"Okay..."

"Then, it's settled. We'll name him Tatsuki Kamado. I'll let Shinobu know later with all the paperwork and whatnot."

She nodded and she went back to cuddling with her newborn. Tanjiro waved over to his son. He looked cute, he couldn't lie.

"Hey there. I'm your dad."

. . .

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Thanks for 115k views!

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment what part you liked the most!

If you didn't enjoy this chapter, that's okay too! Tell me in a comment which part you didn't like so I can improve.

Remember to please vote, share with friends and family, comment, and follow me!

f you have read this far, I thank you! Your time means everything to me. I really do mean it when I say that I appreciate anybody who reads this story. I love you all!