A New Voice

Tanjiro stood under the rain, letting the cool drops hit his face to try and make sense of what was going on. He seemed to be in a shock, stunned and silent.

He stood there vacantly, staring at the gray and gloomy sky. As in all things, he did not appear especially surprised or emotional over what was happening. Tanjiro seemed to be in a trance, letting his body quiver against his wet uniform that was rapidly dropping his body temperature.

He could not move an inch of his body from the pure dismay; he finally looked down and raised his arms slightly to look at his hands

The regular calloused peachy color of his hands were gone, replaced by a dark crimson color, most likely from Kanao's blood.

He only noticed now his shaking, trembling hands. He felt his legs go weak and he slumped to the floor on his knees. He kept staring idly at the estate in front of him while he heard the muffled yelling from inside the Butterfly Mansion, most likely from Shinobu and Aoi, trying their best to revive Kanao.

His mind was like clockwork, going back on all the now-permanent memories of just a couple of hours ago – trying to make sense of the blurry situation.

He sat there in disarray staring into the wet mud, which was dirtying his clothes.

He could feel his consciousness fade in and out as his eyes fluttered and he could feel his body sway as his face hit the mud.

That was the last thing he could remember.

. . .

Tanjiro's eyes shot open and he frantically looked around him while attempting to calm his heaving breath.

His eyes saw the same dreamscape when he was under Enmu's Blood Demon Art.

He saw the endless clouds painted across the blue-colored sky. The shallow water was grazing his legs and he could feel the warm water hit his ankles. The sun was radiating warmth that seemed to seep into his skin, making him comfortable.

But Tanjiro was anything but comfortable.