Love At First Sight

This

This......is getting fun!!!

All of the hashira saw Tanjiro's evil smile but they were more focused on how his mark changed. Tanjiro walked slowly towards Sanemi. He thought Tanjiro wasn't taking this fight seriously so he rushed in and swung his sword at him. But Tanjiro disappeared in a instant as soon as Sanemi brought his blade down. Sanemi's eyes went wide as he saw Tanjiro nowhere in sight.

Gone! He's gone!

"Hinokami Kagura. Dance."

Sanemi turned around to see Tanjiro in the air ready to swing down on him. His blade lit on fire and he started to bring it down straight on Sanemi's head with the intention to kill. In that moment, Sanemi saw his life flash before his eyes. He saw many happy memories with his mother and brother. He also remembered his mother's death. Then Sanemi realized something as he went through as his most important memories in his life.

Is this it...? Am I....going to die...?

"Stop!!"

Tanjiro halted his sword mere inches away from Sanemi's head as he heard his words. There was a couple of seconds of silence as they both realized what happened.

Wait....did I just forfeit...? Did I let him win!?

Tanjiro looked at his sword almost not believing he won.

"Did I really just win...? Against one of the strongest swordsmen in the demon slayer corps...? Woah...."

Tanjiro sheathed his blade and walked over to where the hashira where and crouched down. All the hashira looked at him in disbelief seeing that he won the spar against Sanemi.

"Thank you Oyakata-sama for giving me this chance to prove my strentgh. This win won't be in vain. "

"Yes. As I've promised, you are now rank Kinoe. One below rank Hashira. Go and do great things Tanjiro Kamado."

"Thank you! I will!"

Shinobu spoke up.

"Okay then, let us take care of Kamado-kun at my estate."

Tanjiro looked at Shinobu in confusion.

"Huh?"

"Okay, take him away!"

Two of the kakushi ran in and grabbed Tanjiro and ran away.

"Excuse us for before!!"

. . .

They arrived at the Butterfly Estate's gate shortly after. One of the kakushi spoke up to see if any one was home.

"Anybody home?.....Hello?......"

They were met with silence.

"Guess nobody's home."

"But going in on our own is kinda rude don't you think?"