The Marriage

As the day of their union approached, Tanjiro's anticipation and nervousness reached new heights. The weeks leading up to the marriage were a whirlwind of preparations and emotions, each passing day bringing them closer to a moment that would forever alter the course of their lives.

The dawn of the much-awaited day finally arrived, and the air was charged with a sense of excitement. Tanjiro, clad in a meticulously chosen dark black kimono paired with hakama pants, felt a mixture of joy and apprehension bubbling within him. The weight of the occasion settled on his shoulders, and he couldn't help but fiddle with his fingers while he waited for Kanao to finish her preparations.

In a room adorned with traditional decorations and the sweet scent of delicate flowers, Tanjiro's heart beat in rhythm with the ticking clock, each second echoing the anticipation that had been building for months. The low hum of conversations and the distant sounds of laughter filled the air as the ceremony drew near.

Across the room, Kanao, hidden from Tanjiro's view, was in the final stages of her transformation into a bride. The rustle of silk and the subtle murmur of her attendants echoed through the room. Tanjiro, caught in a whirlwind of emotions, listened intently, the suspense adding to the gravity of the moment.

As the minutes ticked by, the shuffling sounds ceased, and Tanjiro held his breath in anticipation. The sliding door to Kanao's chamber opened slowly, revealing her radiant presence. Clad in a resplendent white kimono adorned with intricate patterns, she wore a wataboshi on her head, adding an ethereal touch to her beauty.

The midday sun streamed through the paper doors, casting a warm glow upon the scene. Tanjiro's eyes widened in amazement as he took in the sight before him. Kanao, in her all-white ensemble, looked nothing short of celestial. The delicate fabric of her kimono billowed gracefully around her, and the intricate details seemed to shimmer in the sunlight.

 The delicate fabric of her kimono billowed gracefully around her, and the intricate details seemed to shimmer in the sunlight

"Wow..." His voice escaped in a soft exhale, a breathy testament to the sheer admiration that welled up within him.

She caught the appreciation in his eyes, a delightful glint that mirrored the joy pulsating through her veins. With a graceful twirl, she showcased the intricate details of her wedding kimono, the fabric whispering tales of craftsmanship and tradition. A subtle array of colors adorned the garment, each thread telling a story of anticipation and commitment.

"You like it?" she inquired, her smile a reflection of the happiness that radiated from within.

"Like it? I love it," he responded, his words tinged with genuine admiration. The affectionate gaze he directed at her transformed the room into a sanctuary of shared excitement as if the walls themselves were privy to the profound connection between them.

Closing the gap between them, she glided over to her soon-to-be husband, the gentle rustle of her kimono a harmonious melody. With a tender touch, she lightly kissed his cheek, leaving a lingering warmth in its wake. His chuckle resonated through the room, a harmonious blend of joy and contentment.