Final Selection Part 3

Tanjiro had heard enough. He lowered his head and lowly muttered "Total Concentration. Hinokami Kagura. Burning Bones Summer Sun."

Tanjiro held his sword horizontally and it ruptured into hot flames. He jumped into the air and twisted and turned his body to make two big circular flames that sliced the hands the demon sent out to finish off Tanjiro. The demon cried out in pain. W-What was that?! I thought he was a student of Urokodaki! So why isn't he using water breathing? He is using some other breathing style! Why is he so strong by the way?! I thought all kids in final selection are weak!

Tanjiro had to let out some of his rage on the hand demon. "I won't let you torment the weak any longer. It is unjust and unfair that such a powerful demon sits here in the final selection waiting to massacre inexperienced  swordsmen."

The hand demon feeling backed into a corner wanted to indimidate Tanjiro. "S-Shut up! You piss me off! I'm going to rip off your limbs and let you bleed to death. I'll make you feel pain you've never felt before!"

Tanjiro let a smile grow on his face feeling he had won this. He opened his arms as if he had given up with the evil grin on his face. "Just try it."

"Heh. Very dumb of you to let your guard down like that" The hand demon unleashed all of his hands at once to take down Tanjiro.

Instead of blood spraying everywhere as the demon had hoped for, Tanjiro's open arm figure disappeared. What? Where did that brat go?! How did he vanish like that!? This whole fight isn't making any sense!

"Hinokami Kagura. Fake Rainbow." Tanjiro reappeared behind the demon with a pose like a had just cut something down. The demon turning around seeing Tanjiro standing there confidently. The demon's neck had started to leak blood as a slice mark was starting to appear. His head had fallen off his body completely from his body. What!?! How did he cut off my head!? No I wasn't ready to die like this! Damn you brat! Damn You!

As his body was started to crumble, Tanjiro, still not facing the demon sheathed his sword. He turned around with a sad face. He walked over to the crumbling demon which still had it's hand stretched out. Tanjiro reached out and closed his overly big hand and pressed it to his head. "He smells of sorrow. God please, allow this person to never become a demon when he reincarnates." The demon had felt tears rolling down from his eyes.

Mr. Urokodaki... The students that have fallen by the hands of this demon... You can rest in peace now. Your worries of letting the being that killed you stay alive are now over. Be at ease now.

The other swordsman who Tanjiro had saved sat there on the ground unable to believe what he just saw. Woah...That guy that defeated the demon is super strong. He's definatly going to do well in the demon slayers. He might even be a Hashira...

Tanjiro looked at the shocked kid sitting on the ground. "Hey, you okay?" "Y-Yeah" Tanaki answered. "Since you have a sprained ankle, I'll carry you around for the rest of the selection."  "Y-Yeah, thanks...But more importantly, how did you defeat that super strong demon?"  "Oh well, I don't  actually know how I did that exactly, I just focused really hard on my forms, trying to minimize any unnecessary movements." Tanaki still looked confused. "But what breathing style were you using anyway? I saw fire come out of your sword, so I assume your using flame breathing?" "Actually no, I'm using a breathing style called Hinokami Kagura. It's a dance my father used to do before I had to take over for him."

"But how could that translate to a breathing style?" "I don't know, but it somehow does."

--Time Skip--

7 days went by without much demon slaying for Tanjiro and Tanaki. Tanjiro wanted to ask how he was holding up. "Hey, so is your ankle still hurting?" "Uh, a little bit. But it's okay to walk now" "Are you sure?" "Yes really, I'm fine." Tanjiro looked up to the to the sky and saw the sun rising. "Oh looks like the selection is over. It's the seventh day so we should head back to the entrance." "Yeah let's go."

PS Note: Yes, yes I know what your thinking. "Two chapters in a week? It must be a miracle"

Sadly no, My school has just gone on Christmas break so I have more time to write chapters! Yay!

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment what part you liked the most!

If you didn't enjoy this chapter, that's okay too! Tell me in a comment which part you didn't like so I can improve.

Remember to please vote, share with friends and family, comment, and follow me!

If you have read this far, I thank you! Your time means everything to me. I really do mean it when I say that I appreciate anybody who reads this story. I love you all!