The Swordsmith Village Part 6

After giving a thumbs up to Tanjiro, her once warm and happy face fell into seriousness. Her smile faded into a flat face, one of concentration.

She caught up to the demon and stopped. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried her best to be intimidating. She raised her bending sword at the demon.

"Hey, you! Your pranks went too far there! I'm gonna put an end to you now!"

Zohakuten stared at her with disgust, looking down at her.

"Shut your mouth, harlot. I only take orders from one person in this world."

Mitsuri was completely shocked at his insult. She felt very offended and her face flushed red.

Harlot!? Har...ha...me?! He means me!? Unbelievable! How could someone say that word? And he looks just as young as my brother!! Oh wait...but demons don't actually look as old as they are right? Even so, how rude!

The demon beat one of the drums surrounding him as he unleashed another technique.

Blood Demon Art. Crazed Cry of Thunderbreath!

Two of the wooden dragons used the thunder and sonic sound blast attack respectively, aimed straight at her.

Tanjiro, watching from the sidelines still trying to fight off the pain from his foot and his numbed senses, saw the demon unleash a big attack and was worried for Mitsuri.

"Kanroji-san! Watch out!"

But she was ready for the attack and would use a technique herself.

Love Breathing. Third Form: Catlove Shower!!

Mitsuri leaped into the air and swung her bending sword and it twisted in multiple directions like a whip.

"Okay, now I'm mad! You may look like a kid but that's still unforgivable."

Tanjiro was slightly impressed at how effective her attack was and so was the demon. Zohakuten's eyes widened slightly at how her technique immobilized the attack completely.

This girl cut through the attack itself. She might be bothersome.

The reason she could effectively cut through the attack is simple. Mitsuri Kanroji's love sword is extremely thin and soft. Her techniques are faster than even Tengen Uzui's. In addition to the 'strong suppleness' of her sword, the softness of her feminine muscles and the flexibility of her joints allow her to build up speed quickly. This means that the sword is not only hard to handle, but also very easy to cut yourself if not trained with it. It's a blade created for only her to use.

Also, unluckily for Zohakuten, he's going up against a slayer who completely counters him in every way. Her bending sword is perfect for fending off his wooden dragons, while Tanjiro had a hard time with it because his type of fighting style is focused on direct power and strength. With Mitsuri's flexibility, she's able to dodge the dragons. Even though Tanjiro is much stronger overall than Zohakuten, he just lacks the flexibility part to defeat him.