Training

--Time Skip--

It's been around a month since Mr. Urokodaki started teaching me how to use total concentration breathing and how to swing a sword. I'd say it's going pretty well. He told me that I'm improving at such an incredibly fast rate, that he's never seen someone with this much talent. I have already mastered total concentration breathing and all of the water breathing forms, but something feels off whenever I use water breathing. I'm not sure what it is but it's like my body is telling me it's wrong even though I know I'm doing it right. It doesn't feel natural no matter how much I train. I've wanted to ask him about when I was fighting Giyu that I saw through his body and saw all his bones and organs. But I haven't found the right time to ask, maybe he might think I'm crazy for saying that.

--Time Skip--

"I don't have anything more to teach you." "Eh?" Tanjiro asked in confusion. "Tanjiro, I think it might be time" "Time for what?" the young boy asked him. "Follow me, I'll show you" The two started to walk to an open area Urokodaki hadn't shown Tanjiro yet. They arrived at a clearing in the forest with a huge boulder in the middle. "If you can cut this boulder in two, I will allow you to participate in the final selection."

Eh? Is it even possible to cut a rock in half? With my sword, I'm not sure it's possible. I don't think I can do it. My blade will snap.

Mr. Urokodaki started to walk away with nothing more to say. "Mr. Urokodaki! Please wait a moment! Mr. Urokodaki!"

With that he left never to teach me anything ever again.  I continued to practice what he taught me every day. I wrote down what he taught me into a notebook. I wrote down things like total concentration breathing and basic flexibility training. After two whole weeks I still couldn't slice the rock in two.

Even though it's only been a month and a half, I was getting frustrated that my skill hasn't improved since the first week. I had performed all of the things Urokodaki taught me perfectly even though I can't cut the boulder in half.

--Time Skip--

It's been 1 more week since Mr. Urokodaki left me to cut the boulder. I still can't cut it. I'm planning on asking him about the time I saw though Giyu and his body.

Tanjiro was walking back to the small house Mr. Urokodaki lived in late at night, even though he was extremely tired and hungry, he found the courage to ask Urokodaki on how he saw through Giyu's body. "Sit down Tanjiro it's time for supper" "Alright" While they ate in silence Tanjiro broke the quiet atmosphere by asking "Hey Mr. Urokodaki? Can I ask a question?" "Of course, what do you wish to know?" "So, the time that I was fighting Giyu, I was swinging my hatchet at him to protect my sister because he was trying to kill her. But then something happened that I didn't expect, I started to see through his body and saw his muscles, and bones. Do you know anything about this?" "What? You saw through his body? I've never heard anybody that can do this. Is this a joke? This isn't very funny." "No. It's not a joke I actually saw through his body" "Well even if you are telling the truth I haven't heard of anyone do that let alone know it's possible." "Okay. If you don't know it's fine, I'm really tired. I'm just going to bed." "Goodnight Tanjiro"

As Tanjiro drifted to sleep, he would have a dream of one of his memory play in his head. "Tanjiro, you're breathing. Control your breathing. Become more like Hinokami." His frail father said. His mother was showing him the dance that his father did "Look, Tanjiro. It's your father's Kagura dance. Our family works with fire. So, to ward off injures and disasters, we offer this dance to Hinokami along with our prayers the start of each year." As Tanjiro heard his mother explain the dance to him he watched very intensely at his father preforming the Hinokami Kagura dance. He felt like he could watch his father dance until sunrise. Tanjiro suddenly woke up very startled.