Tanjiro's First Mission as a Hashira

Tanjiro was resting on the porch of the butterfly mansion after his mostly laid-back day. He was flipping through the book (again) Rengoku gave him to suck up every bit of information he could remember. He wanted to be a hashira that could be relied on. He had Kanao's head in his lap. She was taking a quick nap because she was tired. He removed his haori to cover her up and give her warmth while also caressing her shoulder. He felt so blessed to have such a cute and lovable girlfriend.

But he was getting tired too since the sun was just about to set

But he was getting tired too since the sun was just about to set. As he tried to read through the book (for the eleventh time) he could feel his eyelids getting heavy. He rested his head on the column beside him and felt himself drift off to sleep.

. . .

Half an hour goes by with both Tanjiro and Kanao in a light slumber. But then as he was sleeping he could feel a weird presence. All he could feel was his earring being pulled every so slightly.

His eyes shot open and looked around seeing no one other than Kanao still sleeping on his lap

Weird...

He unclipped one of his earrings and looked at it intently. His memory of his father giving him these earrings came flooding back. He could remember it so vividly as if it happened yesterday. He tried not to think about his father because it always made him sad. He clipped his earring back on his ear and went back to caressing Kanao. By now, the sun had set and the stars illuminated the night's sky. He looked up to the night's sky and sighed. He could hear some flapping from the distance and turned his neck to see none other than his crow.

"Caww!! Caww!!"

It landed on his shoulder.

"Oh hey, Matsuemon. What is it?"

"You have a new mission!! Go now!! Southwest!! Go southwest!!"

"Oh, a mission? That'll be my first one as a hashira!"

Tanjiro lightly shook the sleeping Kanao still with her head in his lap.

"Kanao. I need to leave. Can you get up please?"