62

When I come out of the bathroom the others are watching the news. I take a seat next to Esme and she looks over grabbing ahold of my hand. I keep our hands on my lap as we focus. Emmett comes to stand behind the couch where I sit. Leaning over as he wraps his around my neck lightly from behind. Jasper and Carlisle sitting on the other side of Esme. And Rosalie and Alice were off somewhere in the house speaking.

The news reporter was standing at a distance from Pike Place in Seattle. Behind her cars were burning and people were avoiding the area. "Police are baffled by the escalating m*rder and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new g*ng to a wildly active serial k*ller... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN."

I reach over making Emmett drop his arms, and grab the remote turning the tv off.

Carlisle looks up worried, "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something."

Jasper locks eyes either Carlisle, "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous...

"Newborns" Edward speaks up as he and Bella enter the room.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella questions in confusion. Obviously.

"In their first few months after the change" Edward confirms.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst" Jasper explains looking at the girl.

Emmett smirks at her, "Something to look forward to."

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random" Jasper mentions.

"Someone's creating an army. That's what all the signs are pointing to" I speak up looking to Jasper making him nod.

Emmett rises, enthusiastic, "Oh, now we are definitely going to Seattle."

I can't help but chuckle at his excitement. He really just wanted any excuse to fight someone. I mean, I'm down. It could be good to let out some anger.

"An Army of vampires?" Bella says in surprise.

Jasper hums then answers, "And they've been created to fight someone."

Edward speaks up, "We're the only clan even close to Seattle."

"Regardless, of who they are, or how many, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long" Carlisle states standing and pacing around. Poor innocent kind hearted Carlisle. The Volturi don't give a shit. I'm sure if they did that it never would have gotten this far.

Edward stands a little straighter, "Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind..He wants me and Alice and...Kaylia," he paused looking at me. This was news to me, "to join him... Our gifts would shore up his power. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him."

Well Aro can fuckity the fuck off. I would love to see him try to get us to join. I have no problem with violence and would love to fuck him up.

Bella gasped, "We can't wait two weeks for graduation; you need to change me now—

"You'd be a liability as a newborn. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target" Jasper states firmly.   Carlisle puts and empathetic hand on Bella's shoulder.

Carlisle looks at the girl, "There's also your father to consider. And your mother. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly disappeared?"

"Why does he want Kaylia?" Esme asked gripping my hand tighter. She was mad, but she was hiding it well.