Chapter 31

"I'm sorry," he smirked, purposefully ignoring the shocked look on the rest of the men's shocked looks and Sean's playful smile, "I'll hold your baba while you put on your pretty pajamas." She kissed his cheek then took the clothes and headed to the bathroom.

"She fully slipped?" North asked once the door shut and Owen nodded.

"It appears so."

Rough coughing came from the bathroom, ending the conversation as Sean knocked on the door. "You okay, Buttercup?"

"Hurt Daddy," her soft cry came back.

"I'm coming in," Sean said as he counted to thirty then opened the door. His heart broke when he saw her on the floor with her shirt clutched in her fist as she was coughing. She was pulling on the collar as if it was too tight around her neck at the moment. Tears streamed down her face as Sean knelt to the floor, pulling her hands away from her neck. "Poor baby," he frowned as his mind began to assess her. "Come on, let's get back in bed and I'm going to bring you something to help you breathe, okay?" She nodded as he picked her up and held her head to his chest.

"Aw poor baby, you aren't feeling any goods are you?" Corey pouted as he entered the room just as Sean came out of the bathroom carrying her.

"Nu-uhs, icky," she mumbled before a harsh cough took over while her chest felt like it was burning. Tears cascaded down her face as she laid her head on Daddy Sean's chest. "Sorry Daddy," she whimpered once she could finally catch her breath.

"Shh, it's okay Buttercup. I just want you to get better soon," he murmured as he looked at North, "She needs a breathing treatment. See if Kota will get it set up for me, please."

"You got it Doc," North said before disappearing down the hallway.

"I think now is as good of a time for us to hold a movie marathon in the theater room as any. We could even make a blanket fort, what do you say, Cupcake? Want to make a pillow fort and we watch cartoons?" Luke questioned as he kneeled in front of Sean who had joined Owen on their bed.

"We can even invite a special friend!" Luke said cryptically. He watched her come out of her hiding spot and look at him with a confused face.

"I's no fwiends, who fwiend?" Jenifer questioned as she cocked her head to the side causing hair to fly up into Sean's face. Owen almost let a millimeter smirk slip at Sean inhaling some of her hair pieces before handing her over to him.

"Well, there is a very special friend that would like to meet you!" Luke excitedly exclaimed as he kneeled in front of her in Owen's lap. Not able to stand how cute yet miserable she looked, Luke brought a strawberry kitten squishmallow that smelled like strawberries.

(Picture found on Google)

Jenifer's eyes widened as she took in the most cutest doll she had ever seen

Jenifer's eyes widened as she took in the most cutest doll she had ever seen. Luke held the squishmallow out and she gently ran her fingers over it. Tears streamed down her face, "dis my?"

"Yes, it's yours," Luke nodded. "Why are you crying, Cupcake? Do you not like it?"

"Me no get pressie," she shook her head. "Never ever."

"Darling?" Owen questioned as he tilted her head up to look at him. "Did you ever receive any dolls, toys, or games?"

Jennifer whimpered and shook her head no as she held the cute doll close to her chest in fear it would be taken away.

"Oh Cupcake, I promise no one will take away your doll," Luke said heartbroken at everything they kept finding out about her past. "Why don't you think of a name for her?"

She had a concentrated face by sticking her tongue out in the corner of her mouth as her eyebrows dipped slightly before she said, "Custard."

"Hmm? What was that, Sweetheart?" Corey questioned.

"Custard! Dis Custard!" Jennifer exclaimed with a bright smile before shoving the doll into her face so she could smell the fresh strawberry scent.

"I think it's a perfect name," Luke smiled.

"I hear a special princess isn't feeling very well. I have a nebulizer here that can help open those lungs and help you breathe better. Why don't we head to the theater room and you take your treatment there while the others build the pillow fort?" Kota asked as he came into the room.

"No," she shook her head. "No maskie. No wike maskie."

"I understand that you don't like it, Little One," Owen said as he rubbed her back, "but it's going to help you breathe better and help with your cough. Can you be our brave girl and sit with Kota while we get everything sorted out?"

"Otays Daddy, I be bwave girl," she whispered as she threw her arms around Kota's neck since he had joined kneeling next to Luke.

"Our sweet girl," Owen smiled as he kissed her forehead then watched as Kota carried her out of the room. He looked at the men in the room and glared, "Hush."

"You have to admit it's shocking," North admitted. "But it's nice to see you this way."

Owen gave him a look, "Let's just focus on our girl, she needs us."