MOVIE >scene185> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

"I have great news for you!" Mandy said, walking into the F.A.I.T.H. classroom. She stood behind her podium, looking over everyone and holding something in her hand. "Katerina," Mandy began. She stuck out one of the papers in her hand. "Your request to the headmistress has been submitted and approved. Here is your enrollment certificate back to regular classes."

Katerina squealed and sprang up, running over to Mandy and hugging her before taking the certificate.

"Next," Mandy read the certificate and stuck it out. "Alvin. It seems like you've somehow have convinced them about your pursuit to controlling your eating habits."

Alvin's eyes opened wide with shock. He placed the catering-size platter of sub sandwiches down on his desk and ran over to Mandy. "Are you serious?!" He grabbed the certificate and read it, then turned and looked at Katerina, who was suddenly flustered. "I told you! I told you I could do it."

She rolled her eyes and looked away.

He walked over and near her ear, he said, "You totally owe me a date now."

"Oh and Rihanna?"

Fayth looked up at Mandy.

"Dr. Dormer would like to meet with you tonight. Please make sure you go to her office."

Fayth momentarily remembered the appointment she had before with Dr. Dormer, but after the tragic event that took over the Academy concerning Anthony's death, she never heard from her again. Until now.

Lexis whirled the glass in his hand, staring at the red drink inside, lost in thought. His mind was in his possession, but Fayth might as well call ownership over it these days.

When the door closed and the familiar footsteps made their way towards him, Lexis sighed and said. "What do you want?"

Charles trotted into the room, uniform unbuttoned and his shirt messy. "In case it isn't clear to you, Rihanna and I are a package. And it'd be hell if you try and get in the middle of that."

"Why would I do that?" Lexis said, calmly taking a sip from his cup.

Because you're in love with her. Charles's nose flared. "It doesn't matter. I'm just making sure you get it through your head."

Lexis leaned back and sat on the arm side of the sofa, placing the cup on the side table. "Rihanna isn't someone that either you or I should try to control. If she wants to be with you, I can't do anything about it."

"I'm not saying I want to control her–"

"Then, if she wanted to be with me instead, will you get in her way or will you let her go?" Lexis asked, looking up at Charles.

Charles stared at Lexis, his teeth and fists clenched. For a moment, he wondered what it could feel like to have one of his fists make contact with Lexis' jaw. To crash into it so hard it'll make him unable to speak for a year or so.

"She's mine. I don't care what it is you're thinking, or how interesting you find her. I don't care if you have questions for her that she didn't answer or things about her that confuse you or don't seem to fit in your mind. Leave her alone. She's not here for your amusement. She's scared of you. She hates you."

"How would you know that?" Lexis said, still calm.

Charles chuckled to himself without humor. "I know the both of you. Did you forget? I grew up knowing you. You and I were once friends. Do you remember us playing together at country clubs?" Charles twirled the keychain in his hand around his finger. "I know things about you that others don't. I want you to understand something so that we're both on the same page. I don't care if you've never loved a girl before. I don't care if you have trust issues. I don't care if you're a social mess. I don't care if your relationship with your father is a sad bag of shit. I don't care if your daughter doesn't know the truth. And I certainly don't care if Rihanna happens to be a person you see as someone who can make you feel good about all these things. I don't care. I've known her longer. She talks to me more than she does to you. That's how I know how she feels about you. You're bad for her, like a sober person locked up in a wine cellar. That's how much you suffocate her with your presence. Do us both a favor and leave her alone."

Lexis sucked his bottom lip, slowly twisting it between his teeth, a smirk formed on his lips as he looked up at Charles and slowly blinked once, his lazy smile suddenly visible.

The punch Charles wanted to give Lexis so earnestly, Lexis did without hesitation. In the length of a second, Lexis' fist met Charles' jaw, a short sound of a crack was audible as he dropped to the ground, his shoulder hitting the edge of the reading table.

Lexis walked up to where he laid, his face suddenly becoming completely dark with rage, he firmly muttered. "Don't ever insult my father or mention my daughter ever again."

With that, Lexis turned around and left.

Charles sprang up, turned Lexis' by his shoulder around and swung his fist across his face. The hit was weak, but it was enough to start a fight between the two. 

The pounding on the door was becoming louder and louder as they fought without mercy. There was only one rule, make the other back away and surrender. And neither of them was willing to do that anytime soon.

"Charles. Charles are you in here?"

They both froze at the voice that came from behind the door.