MOVIE >scene194> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

Vincent was excited for Fayth. A part of him was afraid that this was going to turn out like all the other friends she'd bring around. Ones that don't usually last long. So much so it makes him wonder what's going on that they always end up, well, dead-ends.

As soon as they walked into Nobu, the girls stopped walking.

Fayth stared at Vincent.

"What?!" He asked in disbelief. "I was your chauffeur?!"

Fayth sighed, annoyed.

With a sarcastic unhappy look on his face, and rolling his eyes all the way to the ceiling, Vincent walked to the bar while the hostess walked the girls to the back. He sat on one of the stools and hid a smile, hoping this time this friend lasts.

"Daughter?"

Vincent looked over at the young women sitting to the left of him. She held a drink in her hand and looked forward at the TV screen. He could only see her side profile, and with just that he was instantly attracted to her. 

"Daughter, nightmare, is there really a difference at this age?" He said back jokingly. 

She shrugged. "Can't argue with that." The lady finished her drink and stood up, took a card out of her bag, and put it on the table in front of Vincent. "It's a good school, you should look into it."

Vincent looked down at the card. 

Dawn Academy

He looked back up to ask the women some questions, one in particular was to simply ask her out, but she was already gone. He sighed loudly and put the card in his pocket. 

When Fayth and Vivian sat on their table, they were shortly joined by one more person.

"Joe!" Vivian exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

Vivian looked between Fayth and Joe Cuddington, fear filling her insides.

Fayth stared at Vivian, not saying anything.

"Fayth invited me. Well, I asked her out, and she said that I can come hang out with you guys today." Joe answered.

Vivian's smile melted, and the light in her eyes dimmed. "Oh." She looked back into Fayth's dead eyes. "You didn't mention you and Joe..."

Fayth could have reassured Vivian, and told her Joe was just an acquaintance. Nothing more.

She didn't. She just continued to look at Vivian's flame dim slowly.

It all began with Vivian asking Fayth what Joe said to her on her first day of class. Wondering why Vivian would be interested, she paid more attention and put it all together. Vivian was head over heels for him.

Fayth watched Vivian watch Joe watch Fayth. Watched her as she slowly crumbled.

"So..." Vivian asked, clearing her throat and refocusing her smile on her face. "What are we going to order?"

Joe ignored her. "Hey, do you want to go do something after this? Like Go Karts or something?" He asked Fayth, his body fully positioned towards her.

Vivian's smile dropped again.

Fayth's dead eyes didn't leave hers.

"There's this place that has the coolest Go Karts arena. We can go there. I heard you like racing."

Fayth can see tears welling in Vivian's eyes.

"There are some with two seaters too–"

Vivian stood up, pushing the chair back. "Sorry, excuse me." She quickly said, trying to cover her tears. "I have to go. Um—I forgot I have to do a few things." She rushed out the way they came from, her arm pressed against her eyes to cover her tears.

Fayth looked over at Joe. He was still looking at her, ignoring Vivian all together.

"No."

"What–" He stumbled on his words. "No what?"

"No. I will not go with you."

Fayth stood up and left.

Before long she caught up to Vivian.

Vivian stood there facing her parents, with her step-mom in shock that Vivian was wearing her necklace. Vivian was clutching it, looking like she was caught red-handed.

"Is everything alright?" Vivian's dad asked.

Her step-mom shook her head, still astonished. "Well, I think so..." She didn't know what to say. She assumed Vivian wanted to look mature and that's why she borrowed her necklace. It was still a surprise to see it out of the protective case she had put it in. How could she have guessed the password?

"I'm sorry!" Vivian yelled, breaking into a sob. Both of her parents rushed to her and put their arms around her. "I'm so sorry, please don't be mad."

At that sight, Fayth clenched her teeth and began walking. Walking past them. Past their acknowledgments and hellos. Past their fake love and fake kind words to their daughter.