MOVIE >scene189> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

Fayth felt like someone had rendered her breathless for a moment. She stared at Dr. Dormer, the jittery feeling Fayth had only seconds ago vanished and terrifying heartbeats took over. She clenched her fists, which were starting to shake in small tremors uncontrollably. It was the first time, the first time someone in the Academy other than Anthony had said her name. Fayth felt like a mouse trapped inside the corner of a big empty house. And for the first time ever, she didn't know what to do. Unlike before, Fayth couldn't just act her way out of it. 

Dr. Dormer knew.

Fayth couldn't change that reality in her mind.

Dr. Dormer found the right answer, and it's impossible to give a complicated question the wrong answer after that.

Things are just not that easy.

"How...?" Fayth was breathless. So breathless, she felt dizziness overcome her. She reached in her skirt pocket and clutched her candy bottle again.

"You seem shocked. Actually no, you seem frightened. Don't be scared. I am here to talk. So please compose yourself and we can discuss this comfortably."

Fayth nodded. That's right, she knows and hasn't been a tad mad since I stepped foot in this room.

Fayth, however, was not afraid of Dr. Dormer finding out as much as she was afraid of the consequences that would follow after. Will Jessie find out? And then the rest of F.A.I.T.H.? And before long the entire Academy?

I have to get out of here. I need to leave the Academy today! 

Fayth took a sip of coffee to wet her dry throat a bit. 

My time here has come to an end.

"Please," Fayth begged, "Please don't tell anyone else." She looked up at Dr. Dormer frantic, "I'll explain everything. Just don't let this get to my friends. They'll never look at me again if they knew I have lied to them this whole time."

Dr. Dormer smiled. "Oh please Fayth, I'm not here to threaten you." She pursed her lips. "Fine. Let's do this. I promise you your identity will stay hidden under my wings. I will not change anything about who you are and anything about you in the Academy, and that includes your enrollment into F.A.I.T.H. Will you please calm down now?"

Fayth took in deep breaths, her loss of composure taking more time to settle. She was so breathless, so lightheaded, that she was on the verge of fainting.

Finally finding her voice and her steady breathing, Fayth said the first thing on her mind. "But why? Do you even realize what I have done? I–I faked my enrollment into the Academy."

Dr. Dormer sighed. "The first time I called you here, I clearly stated that I was suspicious about your enrollment. Why, you might think? Well, our Academy received a late enrollment form from a girl whose only home income comes from her father, who's a carpenter, yet, incredibly, that parent somehow had a connection with someone who paid the Academy's fundraiser an incredible amount of money. How can that be?  The two facts together just didn't fit right.

"A few months ago the truth about you was revealed to me. I proceeded to make a few phone calls to your old schools and realized that not everything is true. You weren't just a rich student who was the only heiress to Armstrong Next, but you were a changed person. Massively at that too. I couldn't help but admire the person you are now."

"I saw a bright future ahead of you. If all you needed was a change of name and style, then so be it. Have another identity and continue to do for yourself what you were doing. Your story is an absolutely incredible one. If every person did a little for themselves like what you've done in changing yourself, the world would instantly become a much better place."

Fayth sat there speechless. This woman... how can she be understanding... too understanding...

"Your story," she resumed as she stood up and walked back to the window, "it's a beautiful one. One I enjoyed seeing transform every day in front of my eyes. And now that I've talked to you about yours, I would like another story to be heard in this room." She glanced at Fayth and looked back at the window. "A story that involves three people in this Academy. And I want you to be as understanding as I was about you when you hear it. Will you please give me that promise? That you will be understanding?"

Fayth was astonished really. Her identity that she was terrified of anyone knowing is revealed by no one other than the headmistress herself, and she was genuinely kind about it. Dr. Dormer understood it to be something beautiful to see, the change that had occurred in Fayth's life. She also didn't bring any of its details up, and Fayth was glad for that. Details from her past life hurt her more than anything and she would normally block them out wholeheartedly. It's as if... Dr. Dormer understood that too...

"I promise." Fayth breathed.

I would like to say, the people and government do not compile into one morale category. The gov will always do what's in its best interest, and that interest is usually doused in evil, never in the interest of its people. I will ask, beg, implore every one of you to not share any morales with any government. Love for your neighbor what you'd love for yourself. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Disregard everything else. Any people, anywhere in the world, does not differ from you in the way they need to eat, sleep, or bear children - carry them to term, and love them with fear and protection. Any people will fight for their freedom, to ensure safety for their family, to secure sustenance for their loved ones. They fear of things the way you and I fear them. They shed tears the way you and I shed them. They feel hurt and pain the way you and I do. Just because they live on a different land does not mean that they are an atom different than us. We are all the same. 

No religion preaches this kind of evil. 

I will bleed the words if I have to - Stop the Genocide, Free Palestine.