MOVIE >scene186> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

"Charles are you in there?"

Why can't she open the door? The door wasn't locked. Surely she can twist the knob and walk in.

"Charles." Fayth was finally able to open the door.

The punch Lexis threw at Charles at that moment made a whole new fight start all over again. Fayth ran over to them, screaming.

"Stop. Stop fighting." She took ahold of Charles' arm and pulled it behind her, facing Lexis.

"Stay out of this." Lexis hissed in her face.

Whimpering away, she went back to covering for Charles, trying her best to get him out of harm's way. Which only pissed Lexis off more, making the desire to hurt Charles until he was desperate for mercy that much more appealing.

Fayth took a hold of one of Lexis' fists that he was about to throw at Charles and stared at him with anger and hate, he didn't miss the tears that were puddling in her eyes. "I told you to stop." She insisted.

Charles, breathing audibly behind her, took a hold of her waist and was trying to move her to the side. 

"I said stop!" She demanded.

Charles, no matter how tired or bloody he was, no matter how exhausted and defeated he felt, was still trying to pull her away.

"STOP!" Fayth snapped, shaking with the scream.

Lexis stared into her eyes, and right away, he knew something was wrong. Something was definitely unstable about her right now. If he didn't know better he would have thought she was drunk, but she clearly wasn't.

Her eyes had a glassy, hypnotized texture to them, and for some odd reason, he felt sudden fear for her and her health. It terrified him, the way she looked right now. It was always what she didn't say that ended up being the loudest thing about her.

She turned around and looked at Charles. "Stop." She took a step closer to him. "I want you to stop. You're hurt. Why are you hurt? Look at you now. You're bleeding."

She started sobbing. Charles paused long enough to stare at her confused with worry.

She raised her hand and wiped the trail of blood from his chin with her thumb. With a heavy voice, she said. "Don't bleed. You said you liked me. You were going to take care of me. How am I going to live with myself if you're hurt? You said you'll make my life better, how are you going to do that if you can't even take care of yours?"

Her words felt they were soaked in thick honey, like she could barely breathe saying them.

Lexis' blood boiled. Anger erupted within him. He was infuriated with her words to Charles. He knew he shouldn't be, but he was jealous of him. And he hated himself to think that he is able to be jealous of someone. That in some irrational sense, he couldn't get something that Charles could.

Fayth took another step closer and wrapped her arms around Charles, from under his arms, then up and around his shoulders. 

Lexis' fury grew, and he was a second away from throwing Charles out of a window. His hands itched as the urge to hold her and pull her back away from him grew, but as she pressed her face against his chest, all Lexis could do is stare at her back with longing.

"F-Fay–" Charles quickly glanced up at Lexis, trying to correct the mistake he made, he quickly tried to save himself. "How come you left your F.A.I.T.H. class?"

Lexis clenched his hands. This wasn't fair. Charles knew? How much did he know? Did he know as much as Lexis did? As much as Vincent had shared with him?

"Rihanna?" Charles questioned.

Lexis let out a breath of disbelief. Is he in on it too? Did he cover for her all this time? Being his maid, was it a plan from the beginning? To purposely give the impression to the others in the Academy that Fayth was poor, so the truth about her never comes out? Was it a thoroughly thought-out plan from the beginning?

"Rihanna?" Charles said, this time obviously worried. He shook Fayth's shoulders, but instead of looking up or making a sound, instead of yelling at him again, Fayth silently sunk down to the floor.