MOVIE >scene178> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

Lexis stood before a grand mansion. The manicured estate stretched into the horizon, the green of it without an end. The water fountain in the front greeted him with its sound. The long evergreen trees and stone columns guided him to the entrance.  

He made his way into the saloon, where most public meetings were held in this mansion, and was asked to wait.

He was finally meeting with the CFO of Armstrong Next, Director Vincent.

Lexis only waited for a few minutes before a man walked into the room with a big smile on his face. 

Vincent was six foot six, only a few inches taller than Lexis, with a fit body and buzz haircut. The black rimmed glasses in front of his deep brown eyes sat under full eyebrows. 

He made his way to Lexis, who stood up, and shook hands with him.

"Welcome. I've been meaning to meet with you for a while now. No free time though. It's been a very busy year for us."

"If it wasn't so important, I wouldn't have bothered either of us."

Director Vincent stared at the young man in front of him. The intimidating presence exerting from him was inescapable, and all too familiar. This person was incredibly mature for his age. It was hard for him to believe he was only seventeen years old. He looked like a person who had gone through wars, in winter's snow, with bears and lions as enemies.

"So what brings you here? A business matter perhaps? Your father and I talked before, and he's excited about handing over his life's work to you. It must feel like a burden on you right now, but it will become like any day job later on."

"Actually," Lexis looked up at Vincent, his eyes searching his. "I have no interest in what my father does. I came for a different reason, a more...personal one."

Lexis studied the man's reactions to his words, and he liked what he observed. Vincent was an extrovert. Open. His field wasn't gray and gloomy. It was bright and inviting. He was willing to listen and accept an agreement as long as it was in both of their interest. Fayth being the most prevalent interest.  

Vincent liked the young man in front of him instantly. He wasn't afraid to speak directly.  If by any chance his motivations changed he knew for sure Lexis would be a great addition to the Ellis and Sons organization. It would be especially fun to see Fayth and Lexis compete against each other – next to each other.

He could almost see it in front of him right now...

"Personal?" Vincent asked, finding this amusing, "What is it?"

"It's about Rihanna Gessner."

Vincent was never as good as Fayth in covering up his feelings. His expression faltered immediately. 

"Yes, I know." Lexis confirmed Vincents thoughts. "I might not know details, and I didn't have the time to do the research while dealing with some personal issues, but I'm sure I could find out a lot on my own that way. I just thought it would be better if I heard it from the source, or at least from those closest to the source."

"How much do you know?"

"For starters, Fayth doesn't know I'm sitting here talking to you. She doesn't know that I know she's using Rihanna Gessner as a cover. And I'm hoping she won't for now. Not until I personally break it to her myself."

Vincent wasn't sure how to take this. He wasn't sure whether to bargain or blackmail or threaten the person in front of him. 

"What else do you know?"

Lexis considered, "In general terms, I know enough that it brought me here to you. To her house. Personally, I know much more about her than you might assume. Has she mentioned to you that I found out she takes pills?"

"Yes, she has, actually. She mentioned the misfortunate event that happened during the marathon. Thank you... for helping her out."

Lexis nodded in amusement. "So she shares a lot with you. Well then, so you knew that she has been liking someone at school. Jessie?"

"Yes. Your best friend."

"Recently, I've been confused about her current state. She's been too calm around him."

Vincent's eyebrows pulled together. "Why would that be strange?"

Lexis searched Vincent's eyes. "She hasn't told you."

Vincent was even more confused now. What on earth could have happened between her and Jessie that she hasn't told him that Lexis, her equivocal foe, knew about and Vincent didn't.

"What hasn't she told me?"

Lexis hesitated at first, wondering why she hasn't mentioned anything to Vincent about this. Surely she would have. 

Then he realized something. "That's why..."