chapter 66

(sorry if some of you guys were confused, i accidentally got the chapters mixed up and messed the numbers up, i fixed it, so thank you to @muti_famdom for saying something about it!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻)

another morning..

the sound of the walkers was...louder today, everyone did their usual thing.

watching over the gate, talking with each other, arguing at times, the kids weren't out. they haven't been lately.

the walls will hold up, but for how much longer....?

rick headed off somewhere with carl and ron, gabriel pinned up posters all over the place.

everyone's basically everywhere. they're worried. they can't seem to step away from the wall for more than a few minutes.

i looked over, the run down building, it was connected to the wall. it didn't look to good. i'll have to tell someone about that soon..

i heard rick yelling at someone,

"TARA!! YOU ALMOST DIED ONCE FOR THESE DAMN PEOPLE." rick yelled

she yelled back "what?!"

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?!??" rick yelled, his tone was so aggressive

i saw tara flip off rick and then rick shifted his attention to someone who was sitting down. they were just out of my eye sight.

he looked angry, his body moved a little, it was more stepping forwards and then back.

—————

it happened in an instant. loud crashing, a woman's scream, and the sound of walkers..

i stood there as rick yelled at everyone to leave and get to their houses. i was grabbed.

everyone was running, walkers kept flooding in the walls.

carl pulled me and lead, soon rick, michonne, gabriel, deanna, joined. ron had been following after carl and i.

walkers got in front of us, rick backed up causing me and carl to move back as well.

someone let out an 'oh..'

gunshots went off and walkers fell to the ground.

"COME ON!!! I HAVE JUDITH!" jesse yelled at us

we all hooked it to her house, rick was slower because he was supporting deanna.

carl made sure i got into the house before him, everyone else followed after us.

the door slammed shut and everyone got to work. rick rushed deanna up stairs and into a room, jesse turned off sam's music and shut the blinds.

jesse left sam's room, he watched as rick moved things about to have access to deanna's bed side.

i shut the door, sam looked horrified. maybe deanna being the reason. but the word....monster, seemed to be a trigger for him..

judith cried, carl held her and tried to make her stop. sam kept looking into space and ron stood around.

"sam.." i said

he didn't move, "sam." i said a little louder

he moved his head up, he stared at me. the horror on his face was evident.

"it's okay, you'll be okay. the walkers will have to get through the adults and then me, carl and ron. nothing bad is going to happen to you, okay?" i said quietly.

sam didn't seem convinced, but i could tell he was trying to convince himself i was right.

i took some steps forwards, he stood right next to me, i couldn't tell if he wanted to say something or not. but he took my hand and nodded his head.