009 the all valley tournament.

 ( chapter nine )
THE ALL VALLEY TOURNAMENT.

The day had finally arrived and the All Valley Under-18 Tournament was happening

The day had finally arrived and the All Valley Under-18 Tournament was happening. Sydney was excited, ready to test her skills she'd gotten over the past months. Sensei Lawrence had told her only days before that he believed she had the abilities to make it far, even win if she got the chance. Syd wasn't really in it for the win this time around, but she knew that she could see herself training more to become a champion.

Syd walked up to Eli, Aisha, and Miguel, who were all outside with the rest of Cobra Kai waiting for Sensei Lawrence to arrive. She watched as Miguel punched the air, taking out whatever anger he seemed to have at the moment.

Sam had told her all about what happened at the party and Syd could tell Miguel wouldn't be in the best mood for the tournament. Eli also seemed to notice the boys fire, frowning, "Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament."

Miguel just sent him a look, ignoring his friend as he went back to punching the air. "Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Aisha frowned. Syd sighed, watching Miguel. Sam had broken it off with him a few days ago, but his anger hadn't lessened and it seemed like it was only growing.

Eli looked at the two girls, trying to ignore Miguel. "Where's Sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon." Aisha shrugged. "He'll be here." Bert piped up, looking at the three. "I don't know about that."

"What are you talking about?" Aisha wondered. Syd fully took her focus off Miguel and looked to Bert. "I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling." Aisha looked at the young boy, upset. "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?"

Bert shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal." Eli frowned. "Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?" Bert looked at Eli confused. "Like what?"

"I don't know like he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out." Eli theorized. "Jesus." Syd spoke, sending the boy a look. "No. Sensei would never kill himself. That's too pussy a move." Aisha spoke back. "Whatever. I mean, we're here. We're gonna have to do it without him." Eli decided.

"Do what without me?" Sensei Lawrence spoke, walking up behind the group. "Sensei." Aisha spoke, happy to see the man. "We didn't think you were gonna show up." Eli spoke honestly, looking at the older man. "I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." Sensei Lawrence replied.

"All right. Let's sign up." Miguel hurried, obviously just wanting to get to the fighting part of the day. "Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you." Sensei Lawrence explained, before he began walking into the building.

Everyone followed quickly, circling up while Sensei walked around inside the circle. "All teams report to the locker room in five minutes." A man spoke over the intercom, letting everyone know how much time they had.