048 sekai taikai.

 ( chapter forty eight )
SEKAI TAIKAI.

Syd stood beside Tory as they worked with Sensei Odell on higher level movements

Syd stood beside Tory as they worked with Sensei Odell on higher level movements. Sensei Silver had directed the other Sensei to begin teaching the two higher level moves, figuring it could only help the more they knew.

"Distinguished members of the Sekai Taikai, I thank you for gracing us with your presence." Sensei Silver spoke, bowing to the group of adults who stood before him. Syd turned her head slightly, curious as to who they were. Sensei Silver had made mention here or there of other competitions outside of the All Valley, but she wasn't sure what the Sekai Taikai was.

"Sensei Silver. I'm Gunther Braun. I speak for the Sekai Taikai. As you know, our admission process is quite rigorous. Despite your overtures, we cannot guarantee admission." The man in the blue suit, Gunther, spoke. Sensei Odell redirected both Tory and Syds attention away, having them both focus again on what he was showing.

"Understood. But I assure you, Cobra Kai is worthy of entry. As you can see, our dojo is state-of-the-art. And our Senseis are second to none." Sensei Silver showed, one of the Senseis showing off a flip he knew to a group of students. "Very impressive. But there are many impressive dojos in the world." Gunther replied.

"Which is why it's a shame more people haven't heard of them. But that's where we can help each other out. Corporate sponsorships. Broadcast rights. I have the resources and the connections to make the Sekai Taikai a household name all across America. It's a huge market. One you've never been able to tap. Until now." Sensei Silver explained. Syd had to admit as she listened in, he was a good business man.

Gunther chuckled, Sensei Silver continuing his pitch, "Karate gave my life structure, function, purpose, and it's doing the same for my students. I only want to spread its lessons further. Give every kid the chance to learn and grow through karate. Just like I did." Gunther nodded. "We thank you for your generosity, but this review is entirely about the quality of your students." Sensei Silver smiled. "That won't be a problem. Our dojo is the best in the Valley."

"That's not true." A new voice spoke, walking in. Syd turned her head again, surprised to see Mr. LaRusso walking into the dojo along with Johnny Lawrence, Mrs. LaRusso, and even one of the original Senseis Sensei Silver was looking into hiring.

"And who are you?" Gunther wondered. Syd and Tory both stopped what they were doing, as did the rest of the kids in the dojo as they all watched. "I'm Sensei Daniel LaRusso. Two-time All Valley champion."

"Sensei Johnny Lawrence. Also two-time champion." Johnny spoke. "Chozen Toguchi. Master Sensei." The old Sensei, Chozen, spoke. "Amanda LaRusso, karate adjacent." Mrs. LaRusso spoke.